Support Forum

Quickshifter on 2014 MT-07?

Good afternoon / morning :) I ordered the quickshifter last week but someone pointed out to me that the module is not available for my ECU? 2014/2015 1XB-8591A-00 Any suggestions?

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

It should have one. We're looking into it, I'll get back to you on this ASAP.

The file has been fixed, you should be able to use it now.

• rob.v.breemen@gmail.comrob.v.breemen@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Hi Kent, I have installed the QS now, but it does nothing. When i measure on the harness connector with a multimeter i get a nice closed circuit when i upshift. Could it be something in the software? We ordered 2, and the other 2016 or 2017 MT-07 is working fine.

Do you have the QS module "Sensor Type" set to "NO" (Normally Open)?

Yes, I checked the QS 1.1 flag and also selected type NO. Everytime I re-open the Quickshifter option in the software however the Sensor Type is empty. But this also happens with the other bike we did, and this is working fine.

• randommen96shop@gmail.comrandommen96shop@gmail.com Posts: 30Verified User
    edited September 2019

Hi Kent,

Rob and I both use exactly the same settings, for me it worked right away, both with unrestricted and stock map.

My ECU is 1XB-8591A-40, we noticed beforehand that for his ECU the QS option was unavailable at first.

The sensor is working, it passes the continuity test once triggered, which is measurable the whole way to the ECU.

It must be something ECU/software related we think, flashing on his bike works fine, which should indicate that the harness is also ok.

These are the settings we use:

I did however just now notice that his software is in Dutch, can that be an problem? How can we change the language?

It does also occur that, after closing the QS menu, and reopening that the Sensor Type is empty.

We also both use the sensor in push configuration (red wire).

To change the language, go to Help>Settings in Tuning Suite. Try that in English first to see if it helps.

Hi Kent,

I just updated the software and put it in English, created a new file from stock mapping, with QS settings.

Still nothing on the QS

Here are screens of the interface test, with ignition on:

Interface test has nothing to do with the QS setup.

Ok, good to know.

But besides putting the language in English and testing the sensor, is there anything else we can do to fix the quickshifter?

Hi Kent,

Any ideas of what we/you (FTecu) can do?

We have been proactively providing information, which is put aside, without providing an solution, right now there is radio silence since 03-09-2019.

For now the QS of Rob has only been an expensive joke, while for me it is lots of fun and I would like to see that Rob also enjoys the QS.

Kind regards,

David

Sorry for the delay, we're checking into this issue.

Have you tried using both files (stock and unrestricted)?

Yes, we tried Both files.

For mine both worked (1XB-8591A-40) and for his ( 1XB-8591A-00) neither Worked, Both unrestricted and stock.

This issue has been resolved. Faulty sensor.