Support Forum

Active Tune trims 2018 R1M

davemusaphia@btinternet.comdavemusaphia@btinternet.com Posts: 38Verified User

Hi folks.

I purchased and installed the active tune last year but, I have yet to get it to read any trims.

Spent quite a bit of time talking to Kirk on the ticket system and he informed me that this was a known problem that you were hoping to fix over winter.

I was hoping that with the new server / software iit would be sorted but apparently not.

I am running a custom map that he made for me when the stock unrestricted one broke my bike.

Any news on this?

Thanks.

Comments

• gsawyer22@hotmail.comgsawyer22@hotmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

Can you elaborate on the stock unrestricted map breaking your bike? I've got the same bike and am now concerned about using that map. Thanks so much.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

That issue was fixed back then, there shouldn't be any problems with it now.

Please record a datalog of your ActiveTune. Go to Device>View Data, the datalog window should show up. On the left column of "Charting Channels", select RPM, TPS, Measured AFR, Target AFR, AT_HW_STAT, AT_SW_STAT, and AT_SW_LIMHIT. Start your bike, and then click on the green "play" button in the upper left corner, and then run the bike for about 30 seconds or so, revving it slightly. Then hit the stop button, save file, and then email the file to sales@ftecu.com so we can take a look at the data file. Thanks.

• davemusaphia@btinternet.comdavemusaphia@btinternet.com Posts: 38Verified User

Fixed now but, basically it would start but, as soon as you opened the throttle, it cut out. Tracked it down to P0601 and P1601 in the diagnostic manager needing to be un-ticked.

This was on the 2017 R1 map as at the time there was no map for the 2018.

As mentioned above it seems to be fixed now but, I did sh#t myself at the time!

• davemusaphia@btinternet.comdavemusaphia@btinternet.com Posts: 38Verified User

Sent.

Sorry for the delay. Work......