Support Forum

Cannot enable Auto-blipper and Active Tune paid features with restricted ECU image

samarthjoshi2005@gmail.comsamarthjoshi2005@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

I have purchased a restricted ECU image for my 2016 Yamaha R1S from a popular tuner. I also have my own bikeside data link kit, with active tune and auto-blipper purchased and activated under my FTECU account. 

I am able to write the restricted ECU image without any issues but I am unable to enable the paid features even though I have activated the paid features under my FTECU account. I keep getting communication errors (even though I am online with strong internet connection) when I try to enable auto-blipper and active tune with the restricted file. I don't get the same errors when I try to enable the paid features with the public unrestricted image (2016 R1s - B60-8519A-20(CAN) - Unrestricted.ftm). I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software on two different laptops and also tried the latest July 19 software version 2.5.5.0 but run into the same issues. 

Why is this happening? I would like to enable the paid features with the attached restricted map. I have tried another test where I have saved the public "2016 R1s - B60-8519A-20(CAN) - Unrestricted.ftm" file with restrictions and it gives me same error, which would not appear in the unrestricted file. Is this a bug in the way restricted files are saved with the new versions? Some public restricted files such as the Graves Restricted maps still allow me to enable the paid features.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

There is some sort of issue with the restricted file you purchased from your tuner. We're looking into it.

• samarthjoshi2005@gmail.comsamarthjoshi2005@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Issue seems to be fixed by version 2.5.5.2 released today. Thanks for looking into this and releasing prompt update.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Most excellent! 👍️