Support Forum

Quick shifter does not work after last update

Since the new server migration, i flashed a change for my quick shifter that i received june 25th.

I tried flashing a stock map with just the QS on but no dice.

There was a FAQ section on the older site but it has been removed.

I tried tapping in to the postive and negative poles on the sensor side and activating the switch but nothing happens. This applies to the push and pull connectors.

Is the sensor defective or....?

At first i thought my gear was stuck so i tried forcing it but that just engaged a higher by letting of the throttle. No more pops or sensor the gears free wheeling

I opened up the clutch and took all the plates out to find that the problem was not the clutch, it is the sensor.

Please advise

Comments

• chrisgardellchrisgardell Posts: 48Staff User

What bike are you working with?

• stigma@xmsnet.nlstigma@xmsnet.nl Posts: 15Verified User

RN22 R1, but i fail to see how that is related to a possible defective switch.

I can't close the circuit on the push and/or pull side.

(btw, users can't edit their posts, so since i submitted my topic here on a mobile, allow me to make a better submission of my original text)

---

Since the new server migration, i flashed a change for my quick shifter that i received on june 25th.

Flashing the same map with new QS kill times.

It did flash successfully, but the QS no longer responds.

I tried flashing a stock map with just the QS activated but, no dice.

There was a FAQ section on the older site but it has been removed so i can't properly troubleshoot the QS sensor.

First i disconnected the QS harness to see if it the wire to the ECU got molten of entangled but from the outside i can't see anything wrong with it.

I tried tapping in to the positive and negative poles on the sensor side and activating the switch but nothing happens (open loop and resistance test).

This applies to the push and pull connectors.

At first i thought my gear was stuck so i tried forcing it with more force behind but that just engaged a higher gear by letting of the throttle.

No more pops (ignition cut off) or feel of the gears free wheeling.

I opened up the clutch and took all the plates out to find that the problem was not the clutch, so it must be the sensor.

---

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

"I tried tapping in to the positive and negative poles on the sensor side and activating the switch but nothing happens (open loop and resistance test)."

Need some elaboration on this please. How were you "activating" the switch? When you say "nothing happens" with regard to the resistance test, there is no change regardless of any effort to activate the sensor?

• stigma@xmsnet.nlstigma@xmsnet.nl Posts: 15Verified User

activating the switch by pulling the lever to go up.

When i say nothing happens, i mean that the circuit does not close.

For now the problem has been "fixed".

When i dissembled the QS, i dropped it. After i brought it in the house it all of a sudden seem to work again.

I reassembled it and it works....no idea what this is/was.