Support Forum

mt07 2018 canada fuel maps

rob.fraser@eastlink.carob.fraser@eastlink.ca Posts: 4Verified User

question. i have a 2018 mt07, i added a free flow air filter, removed snorkel, add a full termigoni exhaust. i am ready to flash for first time. i have heard you should also have a fuel import (like a power commander map etc) but cant find one to match my bike. When i called ftecu they said it wasnt really "needed" is that for sure not needed? I do have right bike selected in the drop downs etc. Can you guys create me a fuel map to import or show me exact link where to get one for my bike. I am just being careful to do this correctly. Thanks for any help you can provide. Also any of base settings

i should change like rev limiter or fan temp etc

Comments

• rob.fraser@eastlink.carob.fraser@eastlink.ca Posts: 4Verified User

or anyone on his forum have advice on EXACT settings that have worked for them?

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited July 2019

Use the unrestricted file for your bike, that will be a very good starting point.

Using PC maps is a worse case starting point, because it assumes the fuel mass will be constant per any given RPM and TPS which is flawed as the ecu also varies fuel mass based on manifold pressure.

Every bike and situation is different, just because someone else has the same bolt-on components doesn't mean it will work for your bike. But if you opt for Activetune the ECU will self correct and make up for any differences.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

As Kent was saying, the Power Commander fuel maps aren't always the best way to go. However, it is popular with our customers so we do offer the feature.

Most Power Commander fuel maps are made around a stock ECU. This means that a Power Commander map might not work as well once the ECU has been flashed with an Unrestricted file. For example, some stock bikes never give you 100% throttle, lets say your MT07 only gives you 88% throttle. Once you flash the ECU and let your throttle open to 100% your fueling requires changes. A Power Commander map will only apply the changes necessary for 88% throttle opening. Like Kent was saying, the Power Commander maps also do not access the MAP sensor, so it only applies changes to your TPS vs RPM fueling. You will most likely be able to manually tune your bike better than a Power Commander fuel map will get it. We also do offer the Active Tune kit for the MT07 and we have many dyno tuners throughout the country you can visit https://ftecu.com/flash-tune-dealers/

Thanks,

Jason A.

ok thank you!

btw flashed my bike. saw some glitches in software but got them resolved. kudos to team the flash is awesome, cornering is soooooo much smoother and entire bike is more fun to ride. glad i purchased this product.