Support Forum

quickshifters problem

Larshansson1973@gmail.comLarshansson1973@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Hi l have a yamaha R1 2017 with auto tune and quickshift / blibers kit on my bike The blipers is working fine, but i have big problems with the quickshifters, its work fine at gear 1-3, but i have lots of problems When i go from 3-4, 4-5, 5-6, somtimes its working, and somtimes not ..... ?? When i have problem i need to change the gear, i need to wait for rpm is going down and after that i use the clutch and manual gear ..... but im losing to much speed in competion I have check and used contacts The gearshifts are tight, maby to tight? (Pictures) when i take the computer to the bike, i only found bliper "kit" i can not find some map with quickshifters? I need some help and solutions at my problem from FT ECU /. Best regards Lars

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

So just to clarify: You are having problems shifting from gears 3 to 4, 4 to 5, and 5 to 6? But downshifting (6-5, 5-4, 4-3, etc.) is OK?

• Larshansson1973@gmail.comLarshansson1973@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Hi Kent

Thats correct ....the downshifting works perfect!! The problem its upshifting 3 to 6.....

You also say that sometimes the upshifts from 3-4, 4-5, 5-6 work?

Is the QS actually making any ignition cut?

If you have a multimeter tester, test the quickshift sensor to make sure that it's making a full connection on the upshift. It should have a full continuity reading when you apply significant pressure to the sensor; if it's cutting in and out, then it's a bad sensor, but if it's staying full on, then that rules out a bad sensor.