Support Forum

Yamaha official QuickSift/Autoblipper

charly.h85@gmail.comcharly.h85@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User
edited September 2022 in R1

Hey,

If i flash my ECU with the unrestricted version, will i lose my autoblipper that I already have on the bike? (or maybe the locked "paid feature" autoblipper function only applies to the FTECU qs/autoblipper?)

I bought an R1 2016 with QS and autoblipper already on it. According to the dealer the ECU hadn't been flashed or anything. I just hooked up a FTECU typ 8 kit on it and worried of losing my autoblipper if i flash it, so decided to write a message on here before i proceed, as a safety precaution.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• kgsiani@gmail.comkgsiani@gmail.com Posts: 25Verified User

You will need to buy a license ($85) for the auto blipper (which, I believe, is the QS, and not two separate things), unless you can see that it is already enabled in the FT ECU Tuning Software.

Hope this helps.

• kgsiani@gmail.comkgsiani@gmail.com Posts: 25Verified User

I retract what I said above, I was not fully awake. If you are stating that you DO NOT HAVE A FTECU AutoBlipper, then your stock Yamaha AutoBlipper will not be affected, by flashing the unrestricted mode to your ECU (IMPORTANT WARNING - BE SURE TO ONLY USE THE ONE FOR YOUR EXACT YEAR AND BIKE, DO NOT TRY OTHER FILES NOT FOR YOUR YEAR OR PART NUMBER ECU!). The AutoBlipper settings in the Tuning Suite only affect the FTECU AutoBlipper.