Support Forum

Fried original ecu in 2016 Yamaha YZF-R1M replacement ecu can't activate same auto-blipperauto-blip

kgsiani@gmail.comkgsiani@gmail.com Posts: 25Verified User

I bought a replacement on ebay used, they both have the same part number. I believe I did something wrong with my wiring (as, I called in and after a few suggestions I reseated all the wires in the ecu harness plug which fixed being unable to write to ECU)", I find a day after, a blown left fan fuse, then a burnt left fan motor. Put new left fan in, and new fuse, but the fault code 45 would not go away, even after going in diag 3 times and could not clear 60, 61, 62, or 63, by switching the start button to on and back to off. I put the other ecu unit (from ebay) in the R1M and no fault codes. I was able to clear the codes in 60, 61, 62, and 63. So I go to flash it and I paid another $100 for a license, but now it says my blipper is not activated. Can you guys reset the auto blipper license so I can use it in my replacement ecu.

Thanks

KG

Comments

• kgsiani@gmail.comkgsiani@gmail.com Posts: 25Verified User

BTW Flashing using Windows 10 pro on a dual boot Valve Steam Deck

Answered by a phone call, you have to pay for autoblipper activation code when you move it to another ECU, even if it's replacing your old ECU.

edited September 2022

After 800 miles I am once again getting same problem, but on new ecu, which is fault code 45 "Malfunction in ECU internal circuit ( power source self cut off does not work" 2nd ECU to go into limp mode and not clear fault code 45. So frustrating!!!

FAULT CODE 45 FIXED!!!

In following the fault code no. 45 diagnostic steps from the service manual. I found a loose wire Red-Green that goes from Big Connector on ECU to Backup Fuse up by left Light. It was not seated all the way into the Big Connector, after unlocking the connector and pushing the wire several mm's into connector I was, then, finally able to clear the fault code on both ECUs (I bought another thinking my ECU was fried). Loose wire occurred while installing Bike Side FT ECU harness. Yup my fault!