Support Forum

Cannot download install documents.

escalonab@gmail.comescalonab@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User
edited July 2019 in Hardware

Good afternoon!

I recently purchased a Data Link ECU Flashing Kit for my Yamaha MT-09.

I have since been unable to download the installation document from your website. I have tried for several days and on two different computers.

I click on "Request Document" and then click on "YES" to override the warning, and finally it just hangs on the following message:

"Requested document is access controlled...

Account contains 1 unused licenses and 0 unlicensed documents.

User opted to download single document without matching license...

Rendering Document: Type 11 14-17 Yamaha MT-09.pdf ...

Fetching rendered document...

Click Here if download does not start."

If I click on "Here" it just takes me back to the document list and nothing happens.

I have one valid ECU license in my account.

Help please!

Your product is quite expensive and so far I haven't really seen my money's worth in the quality of your software or your website. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh, just being honest.

Comments

• wcs5683@gmail.comwcs5683@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

Is your license activated?

• escalonab@gmail.comescalonab@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

I started the Ft-ECU software and plugged in my USB adapter and a Window popped out asking if I wanted to register that USB interface to my account and I said yes.

What else do I need to do to activate my license?

• tannerbullert@gmail.comtannerbullert@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

I am having the same issue. I cannot download the install instructions. 2018 Yamaha MT-07

• abaranello27@gmail.comabaranello27@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Same thing here, 2015 FZ-07. The page says I have one unused license, and that the document I choose for the license doesn't match. Please advise.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

We are sorry for the recent troubles. With our new website and server migration it appears there have been a few issues. For the FZ/MT07 you can go off of the JakeTheGardenSnake video on YouTube. However, do not use the ground that he does. That will not function properly. For the FZ/MT09 we can forward you the instructions in the morning.

Thanks,

Jason A.

> For the FZ/MT09 we can forward you the instructions in the morning.

Any news on this?

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Have you tried rebooting the FTECU tuning software?

> Have you tried rebooting the FTECU tuning software?

As I thoroughly described above, the issue is with your website not being able to fetch or render the desired PDF document. I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with the FTECU software?

I Just started it again and it makes no difference. Your website keeps saying:

"Rendering Document: Type 11 14-17 Yamaha MT-09.pdf ...

Fetching rendered document..."

And then nothing happens.

Oh and if I try to access the document server from the FT-ECU software itself (Help -> Document Server) I just get a little window saying "Error: Server offline."

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited July 2019

You need to de-install and re-install the software please. The reason for the issue is that older non-updated software keeps looking for the old server.

You had established a connection with the old server before, but because it was soon taken offline, there was nothing to fetch.