Support Forum

QS suddenly stoppetd

gmeltveit@gmail.comgmeltveit@gmail.com Posts: 9Verified User

My QS stops working. This is what is wrong. The QS suddenly stopped working on my r1m 2015 model. ( 2 modul setup, QS and blipper). I was on track and it stopped working all of a sudden, the blipper is working fine. Took it home and did at ohm test and it , a it shows 0.3. Tested the QS on the pit stand and it was fine. Was on the track again, and took it slow on the first pass, everything was fine. The next pass, 40 min later it stopped working when I was starting to go faster and faster, with higher Rpm, all gears. Took it home and did a another ohm test and it still shows 0.3 steady. Also checked for loose cables, and did not find anything.

Please advise what to do next?

Comments

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

How is the harness wiring routed on your bike and also have you checked the connection of the green pin from the blipper harness into the ECU connector as well?

Regards

• gmeltveit@gmail.comgmeltveit@gmail.com Posts: 9Verified User

Hi

I did a ohm test step by step, first only the QS, and then the split cabel, and then it did a ohm test on the pins in the ECU connector. Also did the test and tried to force the error, maybe thinking it was a bad connection or some loose wires, but did not find anything. Also since it is R1 2015 model, i also acsessed the diag mode on the dash and checked (86) if the gear shifter was ok. I have checked the clutch sensor, and the wheel sensor and everything is fine. I am not using a YEC wire loom just standard/ original cable set, and a twin setup (QS and blipper seperated), with the split cabel that i bought from you.

did a test again. First the QS only, shows 0.3 steady. Connected the blipp harness, shows steady 0.3. Disconnected ECU and checked, steady 0.3. Aslo tested the green wire, test OK.

As you know I have a blipp harness, and just to make sure it is a single green wire that goes from the harness to the ECU, on the harness end/ connector that should be connected to the blipper unit?

This happend again. Was working fine and then after i started to push it stopped working. Did some checking and it shows 0.3 on the ohmn test. Also the pins on the ECU are firmly in place and also give a signal (ohm test). The blipper is working fine.

Got back home and put it on the pit stand and it was working just fine. Any advise? I have checked the front and rear sensor, and also run the diagnostic, shows no error codes at all.

So you are saying the blipper side works fine but the quick shift is intermittent correct?

Yes. It is working fine in the garage on the pit stand. But on track it stops working after 2-3 rounds around the track. I have checked the diagnostics on the bike and everything is fine. Also it shows a steady 0.3 on the ohm test all the way up to the ECU

Hi,

It sounds like the push sensor may be starting to fail can you send an image of the shift sensor setup. I am not very familiar with the dual sensor set up. Is it possible for you to flip the sensors and test it again? That way if the sensor previously used for QS does not Auto Blip over time then it is the sensor. It is sounding like the sensor may be starting to go out

Regards

I have tested it on a stand. Did a realt test ( or what you can do without a dyno or beeing on track) Did 90 shifts and worked fine. So maybe it is something else that is doing this on track. What else can make the QS stop working??

One other thing that might cause it would be coil noise at high rpm or a loose wire that has intermittent contact due to vibrations at high rpm. Seems like the sensor would be the most likely culprit though.

Regards

• s2jeremy@yahoo.coms2jeremy@yahoo.com Posts: 1Verified User
    edited June 2022

disregard