Support Forum

No response from ecu

I have a 2021 mt07 and when I try to flash it after going through the on screen steps of key on and plugging in the harness etc I get a no response error. After reading on another discussion I check voltage across the wires. I have 5v from yellow to ground, 5v from orange to ground but 0v from red to ground. I then check continuity from the ecu plug to the other end of the harness and I do have good continuity. The red wire is in the correct pin as I’ve check multiple times. I don’t know what to do from here.

Comments

• michaelhugogreene@gmail.commichaelhugogreene@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Any luck?

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

Usually when you receive the no response issue it is due to a hardware connection issue or improper procedure.

Have you performed the 6 pin bike side harness test and jumped the terminals? Also can you describe the steps you take when you are attempting to write the ECU?

Regards,

Octavio

• j.nelson.wright@gmail.comj.nelson.wright@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Hi, I am currently running into what sounds to be the exact same issue. Same error message, same voltage issues with the wires (R:0v, O:5v, Y:5v) after performing the 4 pin bike side harness test. After rechecking multiple, I cannot find any issues with wire placement or loose connections. Any updates or suggestions with this issue?

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

j.nelson I believe you are currently being helped. Also for the MT07 it is the 6-Pin Harness Test. The 6-Pin label refers to the cavities in the connector for the harness. They will not all be necessarily populated.

Regards