Support Forum

Error when flashing (refreshToken)

xcat@charter.netxcat@charter.net Posts: 10Verified User

Hi, Trying to flash for the first time, I keep getting a error that says: refresh token

I'm using a bench flashing kit on a 21 zx6r

Jason Please check my lic make sure its ok on your end...thanks

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error message?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• xcat@charter.netxcat@charter.net Posts: 10Verified User

at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer.IsCombinationDefined(String className, Int32 part)

at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer..ctor(String className, Int32 part, Int32 state)

at FTECU.MainParent.iOHSSsYNsl(Object , DrawTreeNodeEventArgs )

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnDrawNode(DrawTreeNodeEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.CustomDraw(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

ERROR: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at FTECU_Tuning_Suite_Shared.Plugins.APImethods.GenerateMachineSN()

at FTECU_Tuning_Suite_Shared.Plugins.PluginBase.Dkbb4kQe9A60Rei5(String i_email, String i_pass, String i_ClientId, String i_ClientSecret, String i_accesstoken, String i_accesscryptor, String i_expires, String i_refreshtoken, String i_uri, String i_chipsn, String i_chipdesc, String pkey)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)

at FTECU_Tuning_Suite_Shared.Plugins.PluginRunner.L9fFqg7NYOUaxCkNI1w(Object , Object , Object )

at FTECU_Tuning_Suite_Shared.Plugins.PluginRunner.CreatePluginResult(PluginFlashDialog pfd, String assemblyQualifiedTypeName, String chipsn, String i_chipdesc, String chiphndl, String i_email, String i_pass, String i_ClientId, String i_ClientSecret, String i_accesstoken, String i_accesscryptor, String i_expires, String i_refreshtoken, String i_uri, String pkey)

any thought on what's causing this error. any and all help will be much appreciated. since i bought this bench flashing unit from graves, this is the error i've been getting, never got to flash my ecu..

Hi,

Can you try changing the language back to English and flashing to see if it gives you the error?

Thanks,

Jason A.

OK

BENCH SIDE FLASHING ECU #21175-1396

ONE MORE THING MY ECU IS NOT LISTED IS THE SOFTWERE, IT NEVER READ IT IN THE LICENSE CHECK UNDER USER TAB

everything is in english, how do i change it

Hi,

Your ECU part number is listed in the software. Don't worry about the year range listed on the file that's just a generic classification, you go off the ECU part number.

The "ok" box was listed in a foreign language in the screenshot of your error message, which made me assume you changed the system language preference.

At what point in the flashing process are you receiving this error?

Thanks,

Jason A.

HI Jason I plug everything in, i bring up 21175-1396 stock file then i click on write to ecu, after that is says uploading ECU image, then it says loading module, about a min after that i get that big error message, when i click on OK in the error message box then it says unexpected error loading DLL.....

ONE MORE THING in the tuning software i go to test interface i get some weird numbers

just the cable plug in I get 7 37

i move the cable around I get 6 7 37 and sometimes i get 7 27 37

when I plug the power into it I get 7 27 37

when everything is plug into my ecu and ready to flash I get 6 26 36

Bench flashing kit. THANK YOU..JON

Hi,

Please send me a screenshot of the "Error Loading DLL... message"

When bench flashing start with everything connected except power to the bench harness.

When it tells you to connect harness or key on simply plug in the power. If it tells you to disconnect harness or key off simply unplug power.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason,

Just to let you know that I change to window 10 and everything is fine now..

FTECU is top notch for flashing ecu's and thank you so much for all the support

ps, can you send me some stickers please. LOL.........

Hi,

Glad everything is working ok now! Didn't know you had Windows 11 I've seen that cause a few weird problems so good to know its working now.

I'll mail you out a few stickers!

Thanks,

Jason A.