Support Forum

Reading ECU —> “ECU image is not valid” —> “Verifying checksum”

Hey Ken,

I flashed the bike (2015 R1m) back in 2018 with the graves file. Now I’m just trying to add the blip feature. Here is what’s happening at the beginning when I connect to my ecu with ignition on, a message pops up “this ecu type is not natively readable” weird since my bike is already flashed. After a few tries and selecting the graves map it started to read the ECU and around 5% it would crash and a window pops up that says “ECU image is not valid. Please try again” the status then changes from “reading ecu” to “Verifying Checksum” from here nothing changes for hours. Tried it numerous times always ending up like this. Also to read my already flashed ECU do I have to select a file first? If I do not select a file the read ecu tab isn’t available until I select a file. Please see attached for more details

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

It sounds like you may have a hardware connection issue. Are you bike side flashing or bench flashing this ECU?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• eric.sempson@gmail.comeric.sempson@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Bike side flashing..

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

What happens if you flash the bike back with the stock file? When bike side flashing you are being sure to start with everything connected and key off right? You only want to turn the key on when you are prompted to by the software.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• robbie2294@gmail.comrobbie2294@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Hi, I have the same issue. I have previously flashed my old MT07 and bought a new license for the new bike. When connected to the ecu through bench harness (ecu fully installed on the bike) the dashboard says "... failed to connect ... not natively readable " as attached screen grab.

Ive tried a few times but same thing each time. I'm not sure what I'm doing or not doing that is causing this. Can anyone help, please?

Cheers

Robbie

• todd@ftecu.comtodd@ftecu.com Posts: 102Staff User

You will get the exact same message if you don't even connect the ecu, which 99% of the time means you have a connection issue with the wires in the harness or the power supply. I have also see this when the usb port on the computer that the tuning cable is plugged into has gone bad or making a bad connection. Look on the forum here for bike side or bench side testing for testing your harness.

This discussion has been closed.