Support Forum

No Registered ECU found

sbwang7@gmail.comsbwang7@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Hi, so I flashed my bike once before and lately I don't feel like having too much backfire so I tried to flash again. It's a 2015 MT-07. I did everything right and when I clicked write ECU, it just showed an messege saying No Registered ECU Found, would you like to purchase a new License for this ECU. The email is sbwang7@gmail.com, please help thanks

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Your license is still in a confirmed state so it's not a license issue, most likely hardware of file related. Please be sure you're using the same part number file as before. Also are you bike side flashing or bench flashing this ECU?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• sbwang7@gmail.comsbwang7@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Hi, I think it is side flashing? I don't really know the difference. It's the MT07 kit. I didn't change any files and any wiring since the first time I flashed it.

Hi,

There are a few different options for that bike, but lets go with the bike side flashing one as it's most common.

In the Tuning Suite select the Help tab then Test Interface. Make sure Test Inputs is selected and we only care about the number in parentheses.

With everything connected and the key off give me the number you see. With everything connected and key on give me the number.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Ok I'll try to do that when I get home

Hi sorry I had been moving and I just got the time to actually work on the bike again. I took photos of the interface numbers but I can't up load it. For the test inputs, it shows a 36 in the parentheses when the key is on and 37 when key off

Hi,

So there is some type of connection issue at the moment it looks like. Please go over the bike side harness installation and check all the pins. The number you want to see with key off is 0, 10, 20, or 30. Key on is 6, 16, 26, 36. Once you get those numbers then it should flash no problem.

Thanks,

Jason A.