Support Forum

AutoTune Install Question

clayracer@gmail.comclayracer@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

I'm installing a Graves EVR system with a Flash map from Graves using FTEcu and also installing an Active tune kit at the same time.

My original system had Two O2 sensors and the new system now has one. I would like to confirm that it is correct that I unplug and remove both O2 sensors and install the wide band O2 sensor and plug it into the left side plug leaving the right plug empty. Can you please confirm this is correct.

Thank you

Duane

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

That is correct.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• clayracer@gmail.comclayracer@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

After installing and riding the bike I get an engine light for code p0132. I'm assuming this is because the right side O2 sensor is missing. Is there more instructions on what needs to be changed in the map to stop this code. Is it correct to just uncheck P0132 for the ECU diagnostics. I assumed the map Graves supplied me would be set correct for my set up but not so. How can I also confirm the active tune is even working. When reading the ECU after riding can you see the new adjusted fuel map or is this only if you use the monitor and save a new base map live?

2017 FZ-10 with Graves EVR exhaust

Hi,

That is correct you need to just disable the code it isn't a big deal.

You can live monitor to see the Active Tune work or you can connect to the bike after a ride and see your trim values. See video: https://youtu.be/XiEnBOfN3RE

Thanks,

Jason A.

• clayracer@gmail.comclayracer@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

Thank you for the comments,

From your answer and the video I'm still unsure how to view any corrections made by active tune. I only have a bench tune kit and do not have the bike side harness or a dyno to pre-tune. I understand the active tune will take much longer to tune when the map is not dyno tuned and re-flashed to be closer but I started with the Grave Map and just wish to confirm it is adjusting. After viewing the monitor trim values reading from the ECU after riding it just shows all zeros to both the TPS and MAP default trims? I apologize if I'm missing something obvious. Where does the active tune store it's corrections and can they be viewed.

Hi,

Didn't realize you are using a bench harness. You cannot see any trims with the bench harness because once the ECU is powered off it loses the trim values. It wont take long for the ActiveTune to tune itself when riding though. It is nice to save the changes to your base map and get closer and closer but it's not necessary.

Also if you are using a Graves file you cannot make fueling changes to that file. So you are not able to apply trim values to the base map. Now it will still correct and apply them when riding but you cannot permanently put them in the base map. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Jason A,