Support Forum

R6 bike side harness communication issue

jeffitalia@yahoo.comjeffitalia@yahoo.com Posts: 3Verified User

Hi Guys,

I just installed a bike side harness on my 2008 R6, registered the USB datalink cable, and attempted to read the ECU. I get an error stating ECU cannot be read. I called your tech support, and was suggested that there must be pins(s) that are not quite installed correctly. Mainly due to the Device Interface readout showing 3 output errors.

I've removed & re-installed all pins multiple times. Even swapping locations for the two interchangeable red wires. No changes to either the error when attempting to read the ECU, nor from the Device Interface test (3 output errors).

At this point i'm thinking the pins are not the problem. Any other ideas you may have, please send them along.

thx

Jeff

Comments

• jeffitalia@yahoo.comjeffitalia@yahoo.com Posts: 3Verified User

Reading ECU gives following "alert":

Failed to connect to ECU

This ECU type is not natively readable.

Be aware that read attempts will fail with this ECU tyipe unless this ECU has already been flashed by your account.

To be clear, this ECU has already been flashed, and i had the license from which it was flashed transferred to my account.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

There is a hardware connection issue, that is why trying to read the ECU results in the "Failed to connect to ECU".

The "3" in the Test Interface Input Test is signifying that there is a connection issue with one of your red wires, or possibly the battery charge.

• jeffitalia@yahoo.comjeffitalia@yahoo.com Posts: 3Verified User

PSA: this issue was due to the use of a stock wiring harness on a race bike. Some sensors have been deleted, and therefore the Bike-Side Harness will NOT work.

The software looks for complete circuits to each sensor, and since some are lacking, it reads those as a bad power or ground circuit.

The fix is to use the Bench Flash kit, and read/flash the ECU disconnected from the bike.