Support Forum

Flashing problems with changed ECU/bike

Goodmorning,

I have had a MT-07 2014 with ECU: 1XB-8591A-00. with the start of the spring I have bought a MT-07 2016 and installed my harness on the 2016 with ECU 1XB-8591A-40. But I am not able to flash this ECU. I keep on getting the message: No registred ECU found. Obviously it is a different ECU than the older one, but i thougth it was possible to register the new ECU with my account. When i try to register or do a new log in attempt the log in menu freezes and I need to restart the program.

I also checked the wiring and everything is connected.

Do you have a solution?

With kind regards

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

You should just need to purchase a new license for flashing the new ECU. Does the message never come up asking you if you'd like to purchase a new license?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• rob.v.breemen@gmail.comrob.v.breemen@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Goodmorning Jason,

Thank you for the reply. The question to purschase a new license has popped up a couple of times. I have searched the forum for people with te same issue but I could only find requests or comments that the license would be reset if people got the message that they should purchase a new license.

So I hoped that could also work for my problem.

With kind regards

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Since this is a new ECU you need a new license for it. Each ECU requires it's own license. Once you purchase the new license for your new ECU you will be good to go.

Thanks,

Jason A,