Support Forum

2014 ZX6R will not start after any changes

Rubensteezy@gmail.comRubensteezy@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

I am currently tuning a ZX6R for a customer and am finding no matter what changes I flash apart from the stock map, the bike will not start.

Initially, I created an unrestricted map and loaded a PC exhaust mapping onto it. Flashed it on, the bike will turn and roughly ignite, but will not start or idle.

Switched to a stock mapping with the PC exhaust map. Same result.

I even mapped it back to the Stock mapping, and it runs fine. So then I adjusted the PC exhaust mapping's idle parameters. And it still doesn't work.

Last, I flash the stock ECU map, with the exhaust valve and TC lockout enabled, and it still won't start. Has nothing to do with the fuel mapping and it won't start.

I have heard that 2013-early2014 ZX636's can have bad ECU's, but I can't find anything definitive.

Any input or advise is appreciate.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User
    edited May 2021

Hi,

I haven't heard of a similar issue like this before.

Are you bike side flashing or bench flashing?

What is your ECU part number?

Is this a US model motorcycle?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Rubensteezy@gmail.comRubensteezy@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Hi Jason,

I have never encountered this kind of issue before either, and I've done a few different bikes now.

I am bench flashing. The ECU is 21175-0810 (ABS). It's a Canadian bike, so US.

We found a document from another tuning outfit stating their is a special startup procedure required for calibrating the dual throttle blades after tuning, which we are going to try. So I will get back too.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

• Ky.motofanatic@outlook.comKy.motofanatic@outlook.com Posts: 8Verified User

what was this procedure if you dont mind