Support Forum

2017 FZ09 Random shut off WHILE RIDING!!

dmahovich@gmail.comdmahovich@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Hello everyone! I flashed my bike with the unrestricted map with the power commander fuel map. I have an Akro carbon/stainless full exhausted and the AES delete. I get a P2138 code (Accelerator POS Sensor Voltage Correlation). I was told by someone on here not to worry about the code and just to disable it, it is common when importing the PC fuel map... My big big concern is my bike will randomly shut off while riding!? And I have no idea why. This did not start until the first time I got the CEL. When the bike shuts off if turn the key off and then on bike starts up and runs fine for a while until it happens again. Things I've tried to correct the issue.... Removed the kickstand shut off switch, check battery connections, battery has been on a tender and comes in at 13.1 volts off the tender, I've reflashed the ECU to stock and then with the FT unrestricted map (no PC fuel map) and cleared the CEL. When the bike shut off the next time the CEL came back. There does not seem to be any correlation with speed, what gear I'm in or bumps on the road. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Ok that code is not common to come up on that bike. If you are getting that code then there is a problem.

Having an APS error can cause the bike to shut off if the APS and TPS see themselves too far out of sync. So your issue is not normal or common, however it seems to make sense given the error code you are getting.

Did you install a bike side harness on this bike? If so I'm thinking during install maybe you knocked a different pin loose on the ECU connector.

Do you still have the stock ABS pump? If so can you try installing that back on the bike and running it to see if it does any type of remedy to your problem.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• dmahovich@gmail.comdmahovich@gmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the response! Interesting that you say the code is not common with this bike, that's good to know since I was told otherwise!! I did install the bike side harness, and will definitely look to make sure no pins got lose! I did not even think about with how easy the install was. I also do have the stock ABS pump. Do you recommend installing that back and then just leaving it disabled?

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Drain the fluid out of the ABS pump, plug up all the holes, and then clip the pump onto the harness connector.

Hi,

Yes check the pins please and if that checks out then try the stock ABS pump please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hey Jason,

So I was re-reading your comments when you asked about the stock ABS pump were you referring to anti-lock brakes? I did not do any modifications to the brakes, so I just wanted to clarify.

Thanks,

Damon

Hi,

My apologies I was under the impression you had an ABS Delete unit installed on the bike. Were you able to make any progress or direction on the bike?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hey Jason,

So I got a chance to take the bike part. I didn't notice any loose wires but I popped the clip and pressed on them all to try and make sure they were in the harness. I cleared the code and re-flashed the bike. If this doesn't work do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Damon

Hi,

Usually if you look at the plug from where it goes into the ECU you can see the end of the pins all the way in the connector. That's usually a good way to tell if the pins are fully seated or not too. If that doesn't do it then maybe there is something wrong with the bike. At that point I would try flashing it back to stock then taking to the dealership.

Thanks,

Jason A.