Support Forum

MT-10 SP Issues - Rough idle, dying at low rpm

nullscan@gmail.comnullscan@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

I have a 2017 MT-10 SP, uploaded the unrestricted map for BW8-8591A-00 (UK). Now, I bought the bike in Korea, shipped in from Japan. Would that cause problems even though my ECU has the same model number?

The bike shudders at idle, and feels very rough when throttle is applied. Additionally, I had it die on me in 1st as I was pulling up to stops 3 times yesterday as RPMs dipped.

About the bike:

Unrestricted MT-10 SP map

Running 87 Octane

Akrapovic mid pipe

Leo Vince can,

It does seem a bit unicorn and haven't found a map for this setup specifically.

Also, I have an ActiveTune harness on the way, but I was kind of trying to figure out where I can poke this setup before that gets here, as I don't really want to shelve the bike until then.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User
    edited April 2021

Hi,

If you flash it back to the stock file to revert stock fueling, ignition, etc... does your problem go away?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• nullscan@gmail.comnullscan@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

I'll try it again, but last time I tried I was getting codes about not having enough licenses from the software. I'm on Korea time so it'll be a bit before I get back to it. Thanks.

Hi,

Let me know your results once tested.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• nullscan@gmail.comnullscan@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User
    edited April 2021

Well it took the flash this morning, still rough and stalled out once just after I started it. Start to get a weird tremor at about 3.5k through my right peg. I still smell unburnt gas at stop lights. If the PNs are the same, there shouldn't be a difference with the mapping if its UK vs JP/KR right?

Hi,

So that should be the bone stock file for your ECU which means it would run the exact same as it did from the factory. I'm either thinking you have an issue with the motorcycle or maybe your ECU shares a part number but has different mapping.

If you can find another ECU from your region, with the exact same part number, that is bone stock, I'd want you to send it to me so I can prototype it and figure out if something is different or not.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• fendwoly@gmail.comfendwoly@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Hi. Where i can download the mapping for mt07? I try to search the powercommander web but I can’t found it