Support Forum

ECU Read Failure: Failed to read because I can't reach the FT Server.

rjbrittain11@gmail.comrjbrittain11@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

2015 R6

I have tried over and over to read my ECU.  It fails every time.  It gets all the way to 100% then gives  a pop up to  tell me to unplug  my ECU or turn off the key.  I do that then hit ok and it gives a failure message due to the FT Server. I have a FT file already on the ECU and its been fine since 2017.  What gives?

I have the most updated software 2.5.6.6, installed today.

I have restarted the PC multiple times.

I have switched from bike harness to bench harness.

I have the Race Package.

Are you having  server problems?  This isn't working out well since I leave to race tomorrow.  FT needs to get their Sh!& together...Nothing but problems that even experienced tuners cant work around.

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Please try again with the latest version 2.5.6.8

• rjbrittain11@gmail.comrjbrittain11@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

ya that didn't work. Spend $3k with Flash Tune and can't connect to my bike to do anything...Super thrilled. When we call we get nothing but a run around.

Unfortunate.

We have hundreds of other people who are currently accessing the server without any issues.

What is the exact error message that you are seeing?

You have a hardware issue preventing communication with the ECU. Please check all your hardware connections.

Are you using bike-side or bench harness?

ive tried with bike-side harness and bench harness. Both get me the same error. Can't imagine its a hardware issue as it goes through 100% of the read process, gets to 100%, then this error occurs. The same thing with both harnesses.

This is the original error i was getting. Then i updated software to the latest version and now im getting the screenshot i previously posted.

edited September 2019

Please call our tech support line.