Support Forum

hoping check engine light would turn off with flash

herbf02@gmail.comherbf02@gmail.com Posts: 8Verified User

Hi all, I have a '17 Yamaha r1 (US), I installed smog block off plates and is the only modification ive done to it (waiting on my exhaust to come in) when I turned my bike on, a check engine light came on. Went to my mechanic and explained what happen, and what I had planned for the bike; 3/4 exhaust system, delete exup valve and adjust temperature. He told a flash would work and should be able to clear the check engine light. I bought the kit, I used the stock 17 r1 file and the only thing I changed was the running temp and disabled AIS valve (since I installed the smog block off plates). Flashed the ECU and installed it back on the bike. When I went to turn on the bike, the check engine light was still on, however, the temp at which i wanted my fans to turn on worked. Am i missing something? Is there something else i need to "disable?" Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Go to your Diagnostics Code Manager module and deselect P1400 Exhaust Air Injection System Malfunction, then reflash the file.

• herbf02@gmail.comherbf02@gmail.com Posts: 8Verified User

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I tried your suggestion and still check engine light is on. Current settings are Stock map with temperature at 195-205, AIS (disabled), and p1400 deselected. Any other suggestions?

You need to get an OBDII scanner with an adapter harness so that you can find out what error code is being triggered, fix the issue, and then erase the code.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Please make sure your file is setup accordingly for your bike mods. ECU Settings and the Diagnostic Code Manager would be the areas you want to look in. For example, if you don't have an EXUP valve and O2 sensor on your bike anymore you want to make sure any codes related to that are unchecked in the Diagnostic Code Manager. Also please be sure you are using the correct file matching your ECU part number.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• herbf02@gmail.comherbf02@gmail.com Posts: 8Verified User

thanks Jason and Kent, I got the adapter for the obd scanner and checked the codes, turns out I should of used an unrestricted file as most of the codes I had were already turned off in the diagnostic manager. hopefully no 1 goes thru what I went but if they do they can read this thread...

Glad to hear you got everything solved.👍️