Support Forum

Can't find ECU ID

dimbusa13@gmail.comdimbusa13@gmail.com Posts: 12Verified User

I try to write new ecu, as usual i push write ecu ,software can't find ECU ID and goes to pay for new lisence.

But now stays to Requesting ECU ID and stays there.

I check 12v to ecu and it's ok also i check inputs of interface and outputs from software with multimeter.

Can i do something further?

Comments

• dimbusa13@gmail.comdimbusa13@gmail.com Posts: 12Verified User

i tried also with other laptop with the same results.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

In the Tuning Suite, go to Help>Test Interface>Inputs. You will see an arrangement of colored dots, but don’t pay attention to them. What you want to look at is the number(s) that are in parentheses at the top.

With the power off, you should see either 0, 10, 20, or 30. The wires are identified by numbers, with #1 red, #2 Orange, #4 Yellow. 0 is the ground. If you don’t get the aforementioned numbers, the single digit will designate the problem wire. If you see a double digit number, the second digit designates the problem wires (example: 36, 6=2+4, so the Orange and Yellow wires have some sort of issue. 

With power on, you should see either 6, 16, 26, or 36. If not, look at the second digit. 1, 3, 5, or 7 indicates a bad connection with the red wire. 2 indicates a bad Orange wire, 4 indicates a problem with the Yellow wire, and 0 indicates a bad power supply to ECU or issues with the common ground.

In the Tuning Suite, go to Help>Test Interface>Inputs. You will see an arrangement of colored dots, but don’t pay attention to them. What you want to look at is the number(s) that are in parentheses at the top.

With the power off, you should see either 0, 10, 20, or 30. The wires are identified by numbers, with #1 red, #2 Orange, #4 Yellow. 0 is the ground. If you don’t get the aforementioned numbers, the single digit will designate the problem wire. If you see a double digit number, the second digit designates the problem wires (example: 36, 6=2+4, so the Orange and Yellow wires have some sort of issue. 

With power on, you should see either 6, 16, 26, or 36. If not, look at the second digit. 1, 3, 5, or 7 indicates a bad connection with the red wire. 2 indicates a bad Orange wire, 4 indicates a problem with the Yellow wire, and 0 indicates a bad power supply to ECU or issues with the common ground.

With the power of  writes 30 and with power on 36.

Is that ok?

edited September 2019

i remove heatshring and whire silicon and i pull a litlebit the cables to see if is cut but is ok.

i tried again to write ecu and is the same problem Requesting ECU ID and stays there.

ecu power is 12,8v and takes 0,22ma and i mesure ground and voltage on pins.

If you are still encountering stall problems during the "Requesting ECU ID" sequence, you need to make sure you have a license available to assign to the ECU. There is a bug (that will be fixed soon) preventing the prompt that asks you to purchase a license if you don't have one available in your account.