Support Forum

"status: fail: no response..." first time flash

frekkefrekke Posts: 6Verified User

Hi, I have a problem with the bike side kit on my R1 -17. When I try to flash (for the first time) I get the message "status: fail: no response..." time after time. I have tried everything but starting to lose hope. When I measure with a multimeter on the bike side plug (with ignition on), I have 5v between black/yellow and black/orange, but only 12mV between black/red, is that the problem? I have disconnected and reconnected the pins about 10 times now to really make sure they are all the way in the ecu plug and there are no loose connection. I have done the input test and got the following numbers:

Bench harness with no ECU, 37

ECU no power, 20

Powered ECU, 36

Thanks!

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Are you getting these numbers with the bench harness, or the bike-side harness? You're mentioning two different harnesses. Also, you need to have the ECU connected for the test.

That error message is because the software is not receiving a response back from the ECU to begin the communication process, most often due to a hardware problem.

• frekkefrekke Posts: 6Verified User

Oh sorry, my bad. Not bench harness, I copied the text from the troubleshooting pdf. I tried to flash my ecu again today for the first time since May and it worked for some reason? Strange..

How are you connected to internet? Wi-fi? Phone?

• frekkefrekke Posts: 6Verified User

Wi-fi, but it works now so its fine. Is there any changes made to the fueling in the unrestricted map (EU R1 2017)? I run Akrapovic decat but dont know what map to use, I think I will buy active tune next year, but until then.

Yes, there are changes, but I don't know what they are exactly. You can compare the files by right-clicking them using the "Compare 1 Compare 2" feature. Pretty sure the unrestricted file is made with a baseline for full exhaust systems.