Support Forum

Disable Immobilizer

roberto@manzo.dkroberto@manzo.dk Posts: 11Verified User

I have removed the immobilizer from my Yamaha r1 2010, but how do i disable immobilizer in FTecu tunning suite ?

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

You need to take the same year US model file (14B-8591A-20), and set the "US Harness Config" module to "FALSE", and then flash that into your ECU.

• roberto@manzo.dkroberto@manzo.dk Posts: 11Verified User

However i still have problems.. i have a fault code 39 and i have been reading on the internet, that if you try to start the bike 5 times, it will go in lock mode or dealer mode, but with the right "fix" it can clear out all fault codes when flash it with FTecu, something about about a complete format of the ecu..

can you help ? :-) p.s its a eu bike

Do you have a Bazzazz piggyback fuel module on your bike?

I had the ful bazzaz system, but that is disconnected now, i and i dont think that it is the ECU that fried, because i can read and write to it successfully, and the strange thing is that when i flash it with a EU file (14B-8591A-00) there is no error, but it wont start because of the missing immobilizer, that broke after crashing :-/ i have tried rewiring with US harness wiring diagram, but no luck there. even though i am not 100% sure i have the right US harness wiring diagram. isent all the ECU with part number (14B-8591A-00+20+30) the same? i thought perhaps it was just the software there was different.

Did you have the code 39 error before you began this thread?

Yes

Did you have to do any rewiring with the Bazzazz controller? I would double-check all your connections again.

No.. when i first installed the bazzaz system, i had no problem. i have noticed that even after i have done some rewiring at the plug for the ECU to US wiring.. i stil come with the error with US fil and no error with EU fil. I am going to double check.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

If you are wiring your bike to US spec with no immobilizer please be sure you use the US file with US Harness Config set to TRUE. If you are using the US file with your bike wired to EU spec and no immobilizer please be sure to set US Harness Config to FALSE.

Thanks,

Jason A.