Support Forum

Gear change and pulled out ABS and flashed ECU

koupon71@gmail.comkoupon71@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

I changed my gearing and pulled out all my ABS and flashed my ECU just used unrestricted , now I have an engine light on and ABS light stays on to, and I have no speedometer nor odometer, they stay at zero and don’t work

2018 ninja 400 , has any one done this to their 400 and did you order the abs delete connector for $249 and did it fix both lights and correct myspeedometer not working

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

You cannot remove your ABS (or most any electrical component now on most modern bikes, actually) without it triggering error codes because everything is tied together, and the ECU senses when you remove anything in that system. A lot of the speed-sensing electronics go through the dashboard first on the Ninja 400, and because you changed your gearing, that throws everything off for the dashboard, and it's something the ECU cannot affect because the signals go through the dashboard first on the Kawasaki. The ABS Delete module will prevent the ABS lights and CEL lights from coming on, but you will need to go through the diagnostic process to see what other errors were triggered.

• koupon71@gmail.comkoupon71@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

So the ninja 400 ABS delete kit won’t fix my speedometer? Is the engine light on because I removed my ABS

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited August 2019

On the ABS model, yes, the ABS Delete module will fix the speedometer not working, because the wheel speed signal on the Ninja 400 ABS goes through the ABS pump first. However, if you change your gearing, you will likely continually trigger an error code because the data will differ from the stock gearing numbers that the dash expects.

It's quite possible the FI light is on because the ABS is tied in with numerous systems, and removing it likely is triggering numerous error codes.

When is my 400ABS delete going to arrive I ordered it aug 1 2019, my order number is still in queue and one other thing I ordered the 650 kit by mistake. I called aND someone there SAID they would send the 400 ABS DELETE KIT can I confirm when I received it and it’s the 400 ABS delete kit

I turned my ninja 400 into a race bike changed the gearing and pulled out the ABS.. Put in a full bundle exhaust I got the ABS delete and put it in and it fixed my speedometer and odometer , I still have the engine light on constantly how to I find out why?

• rkturbo7@gmail.comrkturbo7@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

In my opinion, the best way to deal with CEL and service codes is to get the OBDII adapter harness and use a scan tool. It makes reading and clearing codes so much easier. Once you have it all clear, you can see which ones come back and diagnose from there. Like Kent said, there are a lot of things tied into the ECU on this bike.