Support Forum

FTECU KIT - R1 16 - Recommended map and settings

mchristofori@hotmail.commchristofori@hotmail.com Posts: 7Verified User
edited August 2019 in R1

Hi, I have a R1 16 with a cat delete Two Brothers shorty exhaust and the FTECU Autobliper.

Its my street bike and beside these modification its all stock.

What is the recommended map for this bike (i have the bench kit)? Unrestricted, stock or something else?

I used the unrestricted one but the throttle application became to aggressive very on/off on the initial application, made very hard to modulate the speed in low and middle range.

I uploaded the stock one (not sure if this is the best one but for now i want to make the bike less aggressive) to try to fix this issue but not sure what ecu setting should i use.

Disable close loop?

Disable close intake value?

Disable INJ decel cut?

Disable AIS valve?

Disable Accel Retard Control?

Also any recommendation of shop on the Bay Area where i can do a custom map for my bike if needed?

Thank you!

Marcelo

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

What Ride Mode did you have your R1 set at? It had overly aggressive throttle response in all modes?

You might try setting the Disable Accel Retard Control to "true". The stock ECU retards the ignition timing approx 200ms in an effort to smooth out the abrupt transition from off throttle. Disabling this setting reportedly results in a smoother transition for many.

You can also try disabling the injector decel fuel cut, as the stock ECU cuts fuel completely on closed throttle deceleration, which often results in abrupt throttle response.

No reason to disable closed loop unless you're getting rid of the O2 sensor. Same with the AIS valve. The air intake valve is basically there for intake noise reduction, so disabling it leaves it in the open position.

Go to our Dealer tab on the ftecu site and look for the one nearest you.

• mchristofori@hotmail.commchristofori@hotmail.com Posts: 7Verified User

Tks for you reply.

With the unrestricted map I ride with power 1, power 2 was also abrupt and slow to react.

what map should i use? stock, unrestricted or something else pls?

just returned from a ride with the stock map it it was not abrupt but very slow to pick up in the low middle range.

tks for your advice so far

Try looking at some of the third party files in our database. You can't make any changes to them, but their fueling might be better suited for your application. Using the stock file with a cat-delete exhaust likely runs lean, so probably the reason for lack of power.

Thank you! I will upload the R1 16 Graves cat-delete one and test the bike today.

Hi Kent,

The Graves decat really helped to smooth the throttle, so far was the best map for my application.

However now I have 2 issues unfortunately:

Error 17 no the dashboard. I think is something about the exup valve (i remove it when i installed the aftermarket exhaust and never had this issue on the dash)

The most concerning issue now is that I can't access the menu of my bike, the dash works fine (speed, rpm, gear, fuel) but i have limited functionality, can't change the riding modes or the main menu or any other configuration.

This never happened before and all believe all the electronics are off and i cant change it.

Any idea whats going on?

thank you and sorry for all the messages but i believe you are the best people to ask about this.

edited August 2019

On the Graves map, did you set the EXUP valve to DISABLE and flash that into your ECU?

The check engine light locks you out of the dash. Once the code is cleared full dash functionality comes back.

If I remember correctly there were no options available on the ecu settings, I will double check.

How do I clear the codes for this bike? Is it something I can do or I need to take to the dealer?

Tks

On the Graves file, you have to option to disable the EXUP valve. Once you set that to DISABLE and flash that into your ECU, that should get rid of the error code.

Perfect thank you ! i will fix this now :)

tks a lot for the support kent, all working fine on the bike with the new mapping and the exup valve disable.