Support Forum

Need Guidance on Diagnostic Codes to Disable for My 2018 R1 Setup

Doulos1992@gmail.comDoulos1992@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Hello FT-ECU Forum,

I'm reaching out with a question regarding the diagnostic codes I need to disable for my specific setup, and I'm hoping some of you can provide some advice. 

My motorcycle is a 2018 Yamaha R1, and I've equipped it with the following modifications:

- The FTEcu Yamaha Active Tune AFR Self Tuning ECU Kit

- The FlashTune ECU Type 8 Yamaha R1 RM R1S FZ10 MT-10 R6 Bike Side Tune Kit

- Graves Motorsports Smog Block Off Plates for Yamaha Sportbikes

- Graves Yamaha R1 Cat Eliminator Exhaust Valve Type-R

- A race air filter

I had previously received a map from Graves Motorsports which has been functioning very well. When setting up this map, I worked alongside an installer to determine which diagnostic codes to disable. This was around one or two years ago.

Recently, my bike's battery died and was subsequently serviced by a dealer. Upon getting back to riding, I noticed the check engine light was on. Upon connecting my bike to my computer, it appears the O2 sensor is throwing an error. 

After comparing with my previous map, I've discovered that some of the codes have reset. Now, I'm unsure about which codes to safely disable given my current setup. 

I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance on this matter. Which diagnostic codes should I disable with my current configuration? 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tagged:

Comments