Support Forum

ECU not registering 2

sherwinroys@gmail.comsherwinroys@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

I was in the process of writing on to my ECU when in the middle of the process it says "server off". I waited a little bit but nothing happened for several minutes, so I closed the application. When I opened the tuning suite again and tried to write to ECU the program does not recognized my ECU anymore or it is saying that it is not registered. I tried to find the option to re-marry the harness to the ECU but fail to locate it. Instead it directly ask me to buy a new license. Im just wondering why when I clicked Read ECU it still shows license under my account and why in wont communicate. Here are some screen shots of the error messages I got. Please advise of any way to get around to this error (buying a new license is not my option right now, at least my bike is still running fine).

Tagged:

Comments

• sherwinroys@gmail.comsherwinroys@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

As you see, registration was fixed on the first problem, but on the second one I have no idea how to make it recognize my ECU again.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Please close the software, restart your computer, and then try again.

You can't re-register a harness; once it's assigned to an account, it's permanent.

• sherwinroys@gmail.comsherwinroys@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User
    edited August 2019

I still have problem with the license/registration of my ECU since July 12 after the server was off. I was not able to get to my bike until now since I was on vacation. When I try to connect to my ECU it will still say that it needs a license or the license is not in usable state. I have only use this ECU Flash once and it's is giving me this trouble. My bike is still running ok though, it's just that I cant do anything on this $350 wire. I did what you advised me above: Close the software, restart the computer, and tried several times but to no success. Please..please.. help. Thanks.

Have you tried again lately? Your license shows that it has automatically reset.

• jcrz.lopez422@gmail.comjcrz.lopez422@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

hello

its asking me if I would like to purchase another license, I reset my computer and started from scratch a few times and always getting the same license message. What should I do?

Your license was in attempted state because of a problem during your flash, it has been reset. You should be good to flash again, you will be starting over as if this is the first time flashing the ECU because of the reset.

• btmondy@yahoo.cabtmondy@yahoo.ca Posts: 1Verified User

now how do i get reset??? having the same problems.

edited June 2020

Your issue has been resolved, correct?