Support Forum

License transfer

One of customer sold his bike with FT flashing kit and I tried to transfer the license to his account but it is showing the error saying "Destination Account Does Not Have Any Registered Hardware". How do I transfer the license to him? Should he connect the given harness to bike using FT software?

Thanks,

Comments

• mike@ftecu.commike@ftecu.com Posts: 178Staff User

He will have to purchas a data cable that can be registered to his account.

If you don't have an account on https://ftecu.com/ already you must create one.

Then download the Tuning Suite software here: https://ftecu.com/downloadrequest/

You must start with the USB plugged into your computer and not plugged into any type harness you may have.

After the Tuning Suite is done downloading it should automatically open up. Enter your email and password from your account and select Login, do not click Register. If you get a "Fail: Check Internet Connection" message just close it out and redo your login one more time.

Once you are in the Tuning Suite you should get a message saying "One time device registration would you like to register to email: xxxxx" Select yes then your USB cable is now properly registered.

If you are in the software and the login information is grayed out in the background simply close and reopen the software.

• mattdtaylor85@gmail.commattdtaylor85@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User
    edited June 2023

Are the cables not transferable? I sold my bike with the cable-- does the purchaser still need to purchase a new cable for me to transfer licensing? That seems kind of odd considering the software is also locked to the ECU I sold with the bike.

• mike@ftecu.commike@ftecu.com Posts: 178Staff User

Hello,

The cables are non-transferrable so to transfer the license to him he will have to have a USB interface cable registered to his own account. The software is not locked in any way unless a tuner had locked his map file as to not give his tuning secrets.