Support Forum

21-22 MT07 BAT-8591A-60 QS

I have a customer that would like to add quickshifter to his MT07.

Already sold him hardware as I thought it would be compatible.

Comments

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

From what i am told it should be compatible and there should be a method to activate it manually in the service manual. I am assuming it would be the same as the R7. Waiting on development to get back to see if they can create a QS function to force it on, as I am told the MT07 21-22 MT07 should have it.

Regards

• utahweekendgarage@gmail.comutahweekendgarage@gmail.com Posts: 9FTECU Dealer

The MT07 does not have a factory option or accessory quickshifter like the R7.

I verified by looking at Yamaha Accessories as well as reading the owners and service manuals.

The FTECU quickshifter I got for this model plugs into the bike side flashing harness.

Yes that is for MT/FZ07s up to 2020. For 2021-2022 there has been another kit released. It uses the R7 QS harness. We are working on adding the feature to the new BAT files. I was informed it should activate like the R7 would. Waiting for development to get back to get more information.

Regards

• utahweekendgarage@gmail.comutahweekendgarage@gmail.com Posts: 9FTECU Dealer

Nice, it looks like the ECU file has been updated to enable QSS input.

Also looks like the website has been updated.

I need to order the QS harness only since I already sold him the old kit that has the Type 7 harness.

I dont see an installation document yet, is one in the works?

Hi,

Yes there is finally a QS option in the flash files. We currently do not have a listing for the harness itself. E-mail me or sales directly and we will be able to get you an invoice for the harness itself. There are no install instructions for the 21-22 MT07 QS. It is however almost identical to the R7 quick shifter installation. The plug is located on the front left side next to the cylinder head.

Regards