Support Forum

08 Yamaha R6 13s-8591a-60 rising Idle

rpachec10@gmail.comrpachec10@gmail.com Posts: 21Verified User

Hi, I bought this R6 from someone else, Previous owner had it tune by someone else. I have access to a dyno and I bought the license and I plan to tune it. Before flashing file 13s-8591a-60 (generic) Unrestricted the bike idle just fine. Once I flashed 13s-8591a-60 (generic) Unrestricted, the bike started to have a rising idle. I have an ftecu QS and I tried to flash the other file but they don't have any QS option to activate. Any pointers in this matter? I have not switch anything from the files bc I haven't been able to get it on the dyno due to wanting to fix the idle issue.

Comments

• octavio@ftecu.comoctavio@ftecu.com Posts: 191Staff User

Hi,

Can you elaborate on the rising idle? Is it surging, idling higher than you would like etc. Does it happen when warmed up? Have you checked the bikes throttle plates/blades condition as well?

Regards

• rpachec10@gmail.comrpachec10@gmail.com Posts: 21Verified User

Hi

The bike had no issues before so I know it's nothing mechanical. When completely cold it turns on normal and no rising idle. Once the bike is is warm and go for a ride and come back. If I shut it down and turn it back on. It will rise to 5k hold it for a sec and lower back down. The cooler the bike is the less it does it.

I have also searched and this is what another shop wrote back.

"one of the FTECU files for the ECU ending in -60 has an error for the warmup idle. I've had the exact same issue on 3 different R6's while testing the file."

What is your ECUs part number? Do you also have the same condition with the stock file?

Regards

Ok, so I checked out the ECT vs RPM Idle speed map for Warmup/Base Idle and they are definitely way higher than the rest of the maps.

My suggestion would be to copy over the Warmup/Base Idle Map cell values from the 13S-8591A-20(US) Unrestricted map into the -60(Generic) one and that will most likely resolve your issue. They are not copying over exactly at the moment so you may have to adjust them manually.

Try it out and let me know how it goes.

Regards

• rpachec10@gmail.comrpachec10@gmail.com Posts: 21Verified User

Good deal, I will do that. Thank you. I hope this resolves the issues

No problem.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards