Support Forum

Write Attempt Failed/ No Response

macenbowman@gmail.commacenbowman@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User
  1. My license # needs to be reset. I wasn't able to download my tune.
  2. I try to write my ECU and it has me turn my key on and then off and back on again. Its say that my Write Attempt failed and there was No response.

P.S. I've checked my wiring and the ground cable. I've also went to the Help: and tested the interface, with key on it reads 36, with it off i just reads 32 or something with a 2 at the end.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Your license has been reset.

Your key on number is ok with the 6 but your key off is not correct which is probably causing your issue here. With the key off you should see anything ending in a zero (0,10,20,30). I suggest going back over your bike side install until you see the correct numbers, then you should be able to flash no problem.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• macenbowman@gmail.commacenbowman@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User

-I went back over the bike side harness and I now get the correct output numbers when the key is off (0,10,20,30). However when I turn the key on it will read a solid 36 and when I turn the key back off it stays on 36, is that normal?

-I keep having problems with the program unable to read the USB but I can sometimes get through it after a couple tries.

-Overall I am still having trouble with writing my ECU. With Failure to write ECU/ No response. Not sure what I should try next honestly other than maybe a different laptop.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

That is definitely not normal, maybe try disconnect the bike side harness and reconnecting the pins again to see if it changes anything for you. It's possible that maybe a pin is not making proper contact. With everything plugged in and doing the interface test do the numbers change if you physically move the ECU?

You can try another laptop to see if it is a USB reading error on the PC end.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• wahaboy.1997@hotmail.comwahaboy.1997@hotmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

im having am issue with my 2021 mt-07 regarding the no response problem when on key off im having these numbers 0-20-30 key on 26-36 i assume they are okay so i made sure of my pins and im getting from pin 6 (yellow) 5v pin 22 (orange) 5v but pin 13 the (red) wire 0.2 v when all are tested with a multimeter one lead on them and the other on Ground can someone help me please

ECU: BAT-8591A-60

• mike@ftecu.commike@ftecu.com Posts: 178Staff User

Hello

If you jump the red to the orange with a piece of wire and then turn the key on does the fuel pump prime?

• trevorke98@gmail.comtrevorke98@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

I am having a similar issue with my 22 mt07 key off I get a 0 on the interface test. Key on it usually stops on 33 or 23 the bike side harness is connected properly as far as I can tell. I am not getting a 6 no matter what I do.