Support Forum

FT software not connecting to server

colinbell311@gmail.comcolinbell311@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

I recently purchased a bike-side FT kit for my 2009 R1. I'm having an issue connecting to the server in order to download ECU image files. After several tries I managed to get the Unrestricted CAN file downloaded and flashed into the ECU. I am now trying to download a user file so I can copy some mapping, but the interface will not connect to the server most of the time. Every now and then it will grab the folders, but when I select the file I want to download it hangs up at the loading/progress bar. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the suit multiple times from both my desktop and laptop with no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

There's no issues downloading files here so doesn't seem to be a software issue. Be careful when using Third Party Images if that's what you are referring to.

Be sure you have a solid and stable internet connection when accessing the software.

You should try making sure any type of Antivirus software or Firewall protection is turned off as well.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• colinbell311@gmail.comcolinbell311@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick response. I am referring to the 3rd party images - thanks for the heads up. I am just looking to copy some throttle by wire settings to soften the bottom end of the roll on. I won't be playing with fueling or ignition timing. My original issue was a poor flash by someone who was providing a flash service. The bike runs A1 now.

Unfortunately turning off my Antivirus and firewall didn't fix the issue. I'll try today from another wifi network and see what happens.

Thanks.

Colin

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Colin,

Let me know if you are still having issues after trying it again.

Thanks,

Jason A.