Support Forum

Problem starting up after flashing Tune

bouros1@gmail.combouros1@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

Hi there, i came across a problem after flashing my first tune which makes the bike not start up at once sometime it starts up nicely while others (doesn't matter whether the bike or weather is cold or hot) does not want to start and i have to cycle key off - key on to start, any ideas why this happened? Thank you.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

This could be due to the wrong file in your ECU, bad mapping, maybe some loose pin contacts in the ECU connector, etc...

I can tell you it's not normal so it's definitely something on your end.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• bouros1@gmail.combouros1@gmail.com Posts: 4Verified User

Hi Jason,

Files are correct as i used the stock file for the correct ecu code from your list of stock maps and then we made changes on them

As for the loose pins it does not make sense as this happened right after i flashed the file, i will check them though.

the only other thing i can think of is that maybe for some reason TPS is a little bit off and this affects it somehow, could this also happen?

also what my tuner thinks is that for reason the maps you have in your lists changed the cranking injector map from constant to pulse and this could also affect it, is this something that could be true?

thanks for your reply.

i would also like to add that i tried flashing back the backup file i took from my bike's ECU before even attempting to make anything with Flashtune and yet this issue remains.

Thank you.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

This ECU is not natively readable so there's no way you would have read it out before flashing to get the native image. However, if it matches the ECU part number we have listed in stock files then that would be the original file.

If you installed a bike side harness on the bike it's common to see customers accidentally knock OEM pins loose in the ECU connector which can cause a similar issue.

Please send me a picture of the entire Denso label on your ECU, also send me a copy of the file you flashed into the ECU.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason,

I just send you the email with what you requested, thank you very much for your time and support in looking at my issue.

I will check as soon as possible the harness and come back to you if i have anything new to report on it.

Thank you.