Support Forum

My license(s) is/are crashed and software is not recognizing my license(s)

pvollmer@cityweb.depvollmer@cityweb.de Posts: 12Verified User

For this problem I opened a ticket in May but got no support. Causing this problem was a broken 12v cable during flashing a map I had flashed before but with a few changes now. It shouldn't be a problem, but during flashing the flash stopped. I tried a second time but now the software asked me to buy a new license. After a few days without response from FTecu I ordered a new license to try a flash with the same result as before. Now I have a Yamaha R1 I drive only on Racetracks but not running since May, 2 crashed licenses and no support from FTECU. The only one who tries to help was Mike Bienvenu. A friend told me about similar problems flashing his R1 ecu and that he received a reset file to solve his problem.

My hardware is repaired and all test are done and okay. What I need is a reset file and a reset of my licenses.

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• pvollmer@cityweb.depvollmer@cityweb.de Posts: 12Verified User
  • kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Have you tried lately? From what I can see, your licenses have been reset.

Yes, that is right. Mike Bienvenu asked for resetting my licenses and after that I've tried again with same result. But I had not received a reset file for my Yamaha ecu to flash with first to reset ecu and then flashing with the 2015 EU map.

regards

Peter

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

There is no reset file for an R1 that we know of, that is only for the FZ/MT07.

If your friend "received a reset file" for his R1, why can't he share it with you for you to use? Or if you are unsure of its validity, you can have him send it to us and we can take a look at it.

Okay, I'll ask him if he still has that file. May be he sold it all complete with his R1 because now he drives a BMW.

regards

Peter

Hi Kent,

I think, I don't need that reset file. As you said my licenses are allready resetted, I've just tried to flash my ecu and I did it exactly as per flashing instructions. I don't now what happend and can not belive, but it worked. My R1 is runnig again.

Thanks a lot

Peter