Support Forum

Quickshifter problem R1 2009

Hello,

In 2016 i flash my ECU. And since then i have used FTECU quickshifter. About 5 months ago, and over 130 thousand kilometers, my FTECU quickshfiter sensor has stopped working (i troubleshoot a sensor on the bike with multimeter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgrdBm-EjCo&list=LL&index=25). I bought a new quickshifter sensor from VeloxRacing (it is new PUSH/PULL type sensor). In the end of May i installed a new quickshifter sensor, and everything worked perfectly, without flaws. Problems with quickshifter start at the beginning of August, after i washed my motorcycle (not with a high pressure washer). After washing, while driving the quickshifter would randomly cutting ignition and not working, on a short drive, the engine would several times cut, or the engine would shut down (problem disappeared when i disconnected the quickshifter sensor). After 5 days i reconnected the sensor, the quickshifter is no longer randomly cutting ignition and not working, engine cut or shut down (i have been thinking, if water had entered the sensor the problem will be solved after a few days). Now after i connected the sensor, quickshifter works like this somehow, some time works flawless, some time quite harsh i need an excessive amount of force to up shift, and some time not working, does not want to up shift (it’s a problem that bothers me quite a bit in driving). Do i need a new sensor, or is there some other solution?

Best regards,

Miro

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

You need a new shift sensor. Please email me the purchase receipt of your order with VeloxRacing.

Thanks,

Jason A.