Support Forum

2017 SS SE Transmission Tune

peter.24r@gmail.competer.24r@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

I just recently bought 2019 gears set and replaced them in my transmission. Performing the 2019 gear reduction on the 2017. now i need to flash my TCU, to accommodate the gear change and i want to the quicker shifting as well. i haven't found any information on this hence me asking in the forum.

Can i flash the 2019 file to the 2017? or what do i need to do on that part? I'm a bit stumped.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

You need to be sure the ECU part numbers match up first. What is the part number on your Transmission ECU?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• peter.24r@gmail.competer.24r@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Ok, I will pull my tcu from the sxs in a bit and provide the information.

Thank you.

Hi, my TCU says

F8T76572

B57-00

Hi,

That is your transmission ECU not the fuel injection ECU right?

You should be ok to flash the GYTR file in your transmission ECU. Please do a readout of your transmission ECU first though, that way you have a good backup just in case.

Thanks,

Jason A.

edited August 2021

why the GYTR file?

Correct, that is what is says on the TCU not the ECU

I have replaced the gears in the 2017 yxz to the gearing in the 2019, since yamaha did a reduction on the 2019 models.

So i'm a bit confused with your comment. GYTR file would be if i got the 70/30 GYTR reduction which isn't the case.

Thanks

Hi,

My apologies I had thought you were the customer with the GYTR gears.

I'm 90% sure the 2019 B5H-00 file will not work in the B57 ECU, however I haven't tested it. Make sure you readout your ECU first, then feel free to flash at your discretion.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• yeuri_gs@hotmail.comyeuri_gs@hotmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

Greetings. I just replaced the clutch actuator of my ss and the manual says that after changing it I must configure the engagement point of the clutch. My question is if I can make this graduation using the ftecu transmission tuning cable. I already have the fuel injection

Unfortunately no you can't, only dealers can cause they can buy the yamaha diagnostic tool. unless you want to spend 1200+ on ebay to get the tool, but then as i heard you need credentials to log in, so don't bother. just take it to the dealer and let me adjust it.

I need to get this done too since i swapped the gears out.