Support Forum

'17 1000rr Questions

mattdtaylor85@gmail.commattdtaylor85@gmail.com Posts: 6Verified User

I'm looking for some info with regards to tuning my 2017 CBR1000rr with your software.

Basically, I can't get any local, reputable tuners to agree to dyno tune my bike with FTEcu software. Some say this software creates changes to my stock ECU data that makes it difficult to work with and others mentioned the lack of the ability to disable front wheel speed sensors, etc. I've done some reading on the subject and it was not good. :/

I'm hoping to get some help here. I have used tuning software in the past such as DSMLink v3, but it's been awhile.

Ultimately, I'm wondering if I can use PCV Auto Tuner in conjunction with FTEcu software without buying the full PCV kit? I'm not trying to do any crazy power tuning. Just need to correct AFR for the common exhaust/intake modifications I've performed.

Also, is it possible to return my ECU to 100% stock Honda configurations as if I had never overwritten it? If so, how? I would gladly send my ECU somewhere rather than spend $600 for a used one. Unfortunately, I have to ask this because it doesn't seem like FTEcu supports the Honda ECU very well. With such low offerings, I wish I had done greater research in advance of my purchase.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

The Honda ECU is one we do but it was never developed as much as our other bike brands such as Yamaha's. However, this does not mean that our flash doesn't work.

You can flash the ECU back to a stock file but our licensing is still technically in the ECU on this one which technically means it's not 100% stock.

A PCV AutoTuner has to be used with a PC5 to the best of my knowledge. Their kit does not work with our software.

Tuning with our software would really be no different than any other ECU flashing companies software. Maybe you should looks into sending your ECU somewhere to get flashed or purchasing a pretuned file. Do you have a kit from us already? If so have you registered the USB Datalink cable?

Thanks,

Jason A.