Support Forum

1st Time User 08 R6 (13S-8591A-20 USA) Bike-Side

I just bought an '08 R6, purchased & installed the Bike-Side USB connector. I have attempted to make a copy of my existing ECU file before I do any flashing. I got the Alert message which says:

"Failed to connect to ECU. This ECU type is not natively readable. Be aware that read attempts will fail with this ECU type unless this ECU has already been flashed with your account." (See attached .jpg screenshot).

Do I have to flash my ECU before I can read or make a copy of my existing ECU file? Can you guys reset this for me to allow me to read & copy this file first?

Bike runs great, like it's been tuned/flashed before.. Idle is 2050 rpm at normal operating temps though. Too high for me. Bike has Cat-Delete Y-pipe and a shorty GYTR exhaust can + new OEM Yam air filter.

Do I have to overwrite the whole file? Is there any way to flash/overwrite just the idle speed control sections? I hate to lose this existing tune without copying it's contents!

Thank you for any help.

-Kevin

Comments

• kpshreve@msn.comkpshreve@msn.com Posts: 2Verified User

Could not post any .jpg files...

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

That ECU is not natively readable which means the only way to get the stock file out is by cutting open the ECU. Fortunately, that is not necessary as we already have the file available to you if you wish to use it at any point.

If the bike was flashed using our software before, it would tell you the license number of the previous user, then we can work on transferring it. If it doesn't come up with any previous user license number it most likely was never flashed, or never flashed using our software.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• danielpartridge24@gmail.comdanielpartridge24@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

I’m having the same issue. Do I just click write stick file and start there or what?

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

If you are trying to determine whether the ECU was flashed with our software, you click on Device>Write ECU and software will tell you the license number of the previous user (if it has been flashed previously).