Support Forum

R1 2015 ECU in a 2016 BIke (UK/EU)

ddaniels53@gmail.comddaniels53@gmail.com Posts: 20Verified User

Hi,

I assume im okay to flash a 2015 ECU and put into a 2016 bike?

Also i have a spare flash licence and autoblipper code and was wanting to link the two before sending the combined licence to a tuner to do a custom map for me. What is the best way to get the blipper code linked to the spare licence before sending to my tuner?

Many thanks

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User
    edited May 2021

As long as you are sure the two bikes are from the same market (EU) and that the ECU part number of the 2016 was a 2CR-8591A-40, you should be OK.

Assuming you have your own flash kit, you simply enter the activation code into your account, then activate the Auto-Blip kit and flash that into your ECU. That assigns the AB kit to your license.

• ddaniels53@gmail.comddaniels53@gmail.com Posts: 20Verified User
    edited May 2021

Thanks for that.

The ECU for 2015 is the 2CR-8591A-00 (EU). Am i able to flash using the US file to disable the immobilizer?

The 2016 ECU was 2CR-8591A-40 (EU) - which was flashed using the 2016 US file to disable the immobilizer.

Many thanks

Yes, you can flash the 2CR-8591A-20 file and disable the "US Harness Config" feature.

And i don't need to change anything else on the bike like the loom etc (apart from removing the immobilizer)?

Many thanks for all the assistance

edited May 2021

No, you do not need to change anything in the wiring harness, but you do need to remove all components of the immoblizer, including the antenna.

Is there a antena in the rear tail section?

Sorry, no, I was thinking of another bike.

Phew lol. Many thanks for the assistance