Support Forum

mapping for my specific set up, need help/guidance

lazyfox_inc@yahoo.comlazyfox_inc@yahoo.com Posts: 1Verified User

I've done a few different things to my 07 fz1, i have a slip on exhaust, no butterfly, as well as cut out my snorkel in the air box, k&n air filter. it makes great power at lower rpm, but once it gets to about 7-9k it cuts out. i installed the tuner 6 pin, and haven't gone through with remapping it yet, been trying to get as much info about what i should do to remedy the problem, and to go from there. I don't have access to a rolling road to do a whole lot of tuning, but i have time and patience. basically i want to get rid of a few features on my bike which i have already done with the map I'm customizing, but don't know what to do with the fueling part, and i cant seem to find a power commander map that helps the issue for my bike in particular.

i know the fz1 and the r1 share the same engine just different ecu's, stroke, and other performance modifications. i just want to make sure my bike isn't going to blow up or melt down on me in the future.

thank you.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

As long as the bike isn't running overly too lean or rich you shouldn't see an issue when it comes to blowing the thing up. You'll want to make sure you link your cylinders together when adjusting your fuel maps. Play around with the fueling and ignition for a while until you find yourself in a happier place with the bike.

Thanks,

Jason A.