Support Forum

New Software Unable to Compare Files

johnsonm7@yahoo.comjohnsonm7@yahoo.com Posts: 4Verified User

This new software is unable to compare two different files.

When comparing e.g. 08 GSXR 600 CA stock vs CA Unrestricted there is no response.

However, it is able to compare e.g. map vs map. The pop up window comparison comes up.

Comments

• chrisgardellchrisgardell Posts: 48Staff User

Sorry but File comparisons have always required the same type for comparison eg stock vs unrestricted of the same part number but you wouldn't be able to compare, say, an r1 to an r6..

• johnsonm7@yahoo.comjohnsonm7@yahoo.com Posts: 4Verified User

Correct. And that exactly what I was doing. I was trying to compare CA 2008 GSXR stock vs CA unrestricted, as I stated in my report. But no response. I just tried again with the most current version and still the same issue.

It used to work with the version prior to July x.x.x.16 update. But it does not work after that update and the same with the lastest version x.x.x.18, I just tried.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Not really sure what you mean here. We are able to compare all maps, TPS, MAP, sec inj, etc., without any issues.

Yes, I am able to do the same.

Please read carefully what I said in my original post. Both of your responses were what I already stated in my original post

"This new software is unable to compare two different files.

When comparing e.g. 08 GSXR 600 CA stock vs CA Unrestricted there is no response.

However, it is able to compare e.g. map vs map. The pop up window comparison comes up."

In other words, If I right click on the main file name e.g. 08 GSXR 600 CA stock, and select "compare 1", then do the same on the other file I have opened e.g. CA Unrestricted, then click on "compare 2" there is no response.

In other words, I am trying to compare all the difference between the CA Stock file vs. the CA Unrestricted file at once rather than specific cylinder map at a time.

• crmotocrosskid@gmail.comcrmotocrosskid@gmail.com Posts: 12Verified User

i get the same behaviour

no response and FTEcu software freezes

edited July 2019

When right-clicking to compare 1 and compare 2, you should get this message box popup:

This shows any changes. Currently I'm not having any problems with this message box showing up.

• crmotocrosskid@gmail.comcrmotocrosskid@gmail.com Posts: 12Verified User

i think the problem is when you try to compare two different files, instead of a friendly message that says the files are different, it crashes the program, see attached

Yes, but if he's comparing a stock 2008 GSXR600 file with an unrestricted file of the same year/model, it should display the message box showing the changes.

• chrisgardellchrisgardell Posts: 48Staff User

The friendly error message bug is in our pending update.. thanks for the report

edited July 2019

@kent@ftecu.com

The screenshot you posted was the response, I was getting when it was working for me, prior to the July update.

However, sorry to inform you still no response. I re-installed the software and checked. Still getting no response. I even re-installed the drivers and restarted the software. Still no response.

And as crmotocrosskid was experiencing, l also get a "Not Responding" in conjunction with a slow response, once in a while, before the file loads or closes. This was occurring to me from the beginning. I just assumed it was caused by some lag in the system or transmission.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

I see the issue you are having, thanks for reporting this to us. Let me work on a fix for this.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

The solution to this problem will be live on Friday when we post a few new updates. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you,

Jason A.

• mrpmrp Posts: 8Verified User
    edited March 2021

Compare is not working between two file ! in this case quickshift map