Support Forum

Are there any plans to support ECU flash of ZX-25R?

MOTOIKEMOTOIKE Posts: 23Verified User

Are there any plans to support ECU flash of ZX-25R? It is a very popular motorcycle in Japan, and the demand for ECU flash is very high. This is because the horsepower of the Japanese version is 10% lower than that of the Indonesian version . Many people want to improve this. I hope your company will respond.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Let me discuss this with the team and see if this is a project we want to tackle or not.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• MOTOIKEMOTOIKE Posts: 23Verified User

In Japan, the initial lot of 5000 units of ZX-25R is all sold out and is backordered. The ZX-25R is a very popular model in Japan, and many users are dissatisfied with the horsepower of Japanese specifications. I think this is a business opportunity for your company as well.

Hi,

Would you be able to send me the ECU part number and some pictures of the ECU for your model please? I think our only issue with this would be not having a bike here to test on since the model won't be in the US.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Here is a picture of the ECU. I can also lend you an ECU if you need it.

Hi,

This ECU appears to be of the same construction as the new ZX10. This will be a problem because it is going to be very hard to get done. We have some things we are doing for the US market Kawi's that may be able to translate to this one. I'm not sure what the likelihood of getting this done is but we'd like to come up with something. Shoot me an email checking back in after a few months if you hear no news from me please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

In Japan, there is a vendor who can make ECU flash of ZX-25R.

Technically, ECU flash seems to be possible. 

The demand for ECU flash of ZX-25R is very large, so we look forward to your support.