Support Forum

NO CONNECTION TO ECU

devinhansis2843@gmail.comdevinhansis2843@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

I have a 2009 Suzuki GSXR 600 and I have followed all the proper steps as far as setting everything up on my bike. however, when I try to read or write the ECU I am getting an error message telling me to "connect the ECU harness or turn the key on". ignition is on and the harness is properly installed but im still having issues. please help!!

Comments

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

That prompt is asking you to turn the ignition key on (if you are using a bike-side flash kit) or connect the power supply to the bench harness (with a bench flash kit). If the power is already on, then just click OK. You must always follow the prompts before clicking "OK"; do not click OK and then turn the power on/off, you will get an error message.

• devinhansis2843@gmail.comdevinhansis2843@gmail.com Posts: 2Verified User

Thank you for the speedy response. I am attempting this for the second time now and still having issues. I am however having multiple issues, I have a "check" light on my display, no fuel pump response, no STVA response, installed a new ECU, and still unable to connect/ read the ECU. I have followed all prompts and triple checked all of my work. I am curious as to what specific wires I had to remove to install my bike-side kit. I cannot find a pin out diagram for my ECU. I would like to know what pins number 15 and 16 function? when attempting an ECU read or write and after following all prompts I am still getting an error message for no connection to ECU.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Did you install the bike-side harness? If so, what instructions did you use to install it?

• corylove38@gmail.comcorylove38@gmail.com Posts: 1Verified User

For future users who might have this issue you need to have the red toggle switch(on/off switch) in the "on" position. If you do not, you will get the error noted above.