Support Forum

Quick shifter XSR900 2016 EU

Hi Have flashed and fitted quick shifter kit to a XSR900 2016 (B90-8591A-00). using unrestricted bin file

The quick shifter kit; using bike side harness connected to Shifter harness type 7 , connected to the new type push/pull switch, using red wire for push. Standard shift pattern, original rear-sets and gear lever.

I have moved the arm on the selector shaft in both directions ( clockwise and anti clock wise ) while adjusting link rod lengths. to try get the best results from the sensor.

But have not been able to get the shifter to engage while riding.

When testing with a multi-meter It would appear that the sensor is only triggering when the force applied has already loaded the selector drum too much to allow for shift. Kit was purchased early this October from Mike at Velox Racing.

Any ideas on what else I might try for this customer ?

Comments

• mail_paulkp@yahoo.commail_paulkp@yahoo.com Posts: 40Verified User

As you will see I have adjusted link rod and shift arm to get as close to 90' as possible between the sensor and shift arm.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

When you do a continuity test are you saying the you have to press so hard it already shifts before the sensor ever gets continuity?

Thanks,

Jason A.

That's correct Jason. The switch is closing after the pressure applied to the gear lever has rotated the shift drum.

Hi,

Ok that makes sense then. Where are you located? I'd like to have you send that sensor back to us for testing and we can send you out a replacement one.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi,

I am in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Bikes by Paul PTY ltd

24 Walden Lane, Alan Manor

Johannesburg 2091

Hi,

That's a bit of a pain since it is international but please send the sensor back to us with a note detailing our conversation and all your contact information. We will get it tested here and send you out a replacement ASAP if found to be faulty.

Thanks,

Jason A.

I have purchased a shift sensor from my local Dyno Jet distributor and am satisfied that the circuit id being closed with an appropriate amount of force being applied to the shift lever and selector rod. However when testing still no QS function. :-(

I am not even hearing or feeling the kill, even with the kill time increased to 100 within the QS map.

I am using bike side harness type 11 with a QS harness type 7 on a EU Version of 2016 XSR900.

Software is configured for NO sensor and type 7 harness

The sensor together with the Harnesses above are essentially connecting pin 34 of the 34 pin connector to pin 29 of the 33 pin connector of the ECU when the gear lever is actuated.

As a test I connected a handlebar MX type kill switch to where the QS sensor connects to the QS harness type 7 and performed a test on the dyno pressing the switch while maintaining 4500 RPM in both first and second gear and am not hearing the expected misfire which would indicate a shift when activating that kill switch.

Any Ideas.? ecu type B90-8591A-00

Hi,

I'm going to email you a test file. Do not change anything in the file. Simply open it in the software, flash your ECU with it, and test ride the bike please. Report back to me your results.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason, I have emailed you the results from the test file.

edited November 2020

Hi,

I replied to that email this morning did you never get it?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi . I have not received your reply

Hi Jason,

The crucks of email sent yesterday. in reply to your mail.

When doing the test with the MX kill switch I was not close to full throttle, as was only at approximately 4500 rpm.

Checked the QS Harness and yes Blue wire is in position E and the green in position A

while on the bike side harness of the same connector I Have;

Pin A = two black wires = one to pin 34 of 34 pin ecu connector and the other to Black wire with blue trace which was removed from the ecu connector.

B= not used

C= not used

D= Yellow = pin 28 of the 33 pin ecu connector

E= Orange =pin 29 of the 33 pin ecu connector

F= Red =pin 30 of the 33 pin ecu connector

On the files I have edited for this bike I have the minimum rpm set at 3000

I have attached the file I created which is vary much the unrestricted file as downloaded from the software, file manager. sent via email.

Hi Please would you reset the license for this bike as I had an error during flash procedure, licence number CE2C1C7C

Thanks

Hi Jason, checking if you have been able to find anything more with the quick shifter for this customers XSR900;

Using bike side harness type 11 with a QS harness type 7 on a EU Version of 2016 XSR900. B90-8591A-00