Support Forum

quickshift

djm355@comcast.netdjm355@comcast.net Posts: 6Verified User

I installed the autoblip kit that has the 2 sensors. Have checked all the wires many times. The auto blip works on down shifts but cannot get the up shift to work. I have flashed the ecu with a Graves basic map and I did check activate quick shift input . Do I need to do the procedure that is used to activate the OEM quickshifter? I have tried to do that but cannot get the QS to appear on the dash. I have Woodcraft rearsets with GP shift. Any thoughts what might be wrong. All parts have been purchased through Graves and serial numbers are registered and activated.

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Do you have any lights on the dash when riding like TCS, CEL, ABS, etc...?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• djm355@comcast.netdjm355@comcast.net Posts: 6Verified User

Yes , have all of the icons on the dash. I have an ABS delete plug but traction control shows . When the key is first turned on the QS shows in the upper right but goes off in a second or two.

Hi,

Please do a continuity test on the two sensors you have for me. If you aren't sure how to do that please follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgrdBm-EjCo

Also are you bike side flashing or bench flashing this ECU?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Jason , I have the bike side flash. I did the continuity test on the sensors. Did the test a few times because the first few failed and did get a reading but took an extreme amount of pressure to activate and did not every time. Does this mean the sensors are bad? Thanks, Dennis

Hi,

Well you said the autoblip worked no problem so we do know one sensor works fine. If it takes the same amount of pressure to activate both sensors, but we know the autoblip worked ok when riding we know the pressure shouldn't be too great for the qs sensor.

When you are riding the bike is the Check Engine light on? You mentioned before the TC light being on? Is the TC light on when riding and not letting you select through the different modes?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Jason , The check engine light stays on . The TC light comes on after I shift and sometimes stays on other times it comes on and off. I can select different modes after the motor is started but have not had time to test if it will change while riding. I am sorry if I am not explaining this correctly, The bike being an 18 model I bought new to race but a few things have kept me off the track but trying to get it running correctly I followed all the directions and think I installed everything correctly. I appreciate all your help. Thanks, Dennis

• barr_ranch@yahoo.combarr_ranch@yahoo.com Posts: 1Verified User

Hello,

was there any resolution on this? I am experiencing the almost exact same issue. QS works intermittently, mostly on higher gear shifts. AB works perfectly. Continuity test was done on both sensors, the AB sensor did not show continuity either direction, but somehow works. The QS sensor shows continuity in both directions. Putting the sensors To the other function does not work either.

thank you,

keith

Hi,

The Check Engine Light shouldn't be on at all on the bike.

What exact file did you flash with?

What is your ECU part number?

How long have you had the ABS delete module on the bike for?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi,

Do you have the single sensor setup or dual sensor setup?

The PUSH or PULL functions should only have continuity in one direction not both directions. Are you sure you got continuity in both directions on one side of the sensor?

Are you getting any Check Engine or TC lights too?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Jason , Got it sorted out. I was flashing the restricted map that Graves sent to me . I reflashed with the unrestricted R6 map . This enabled the quick shift and auto blip. I went into diagnostics and atmospheric pressure sensor was showing a failure and air injection failure. I unchecked them and restarted and the check engine light no longer is showing. All seems to be good took for a short test ride in my neighborhood shifted up and down no problem. My last question is with the active tune does the ecu adjust automatically or do I need to save changes and download? Thanks for your help, Dennis

Dennis,

I'm glad to hear it's all working well for you now!

The Active Tune will correct while you ride if Live Correction mode is set to be enabled (which it is set to enable by default) If you save changes after each ride then it gets your base map closer and closer each time but it isn't 100% necessary to do. I would suggest doing it every now and then.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• adrian27sabau@gmail.comadrian27sabau@gmail.com Posts: 11Verified User

Hi Jason,

Is it possible to adjust the QS interrupt timing from the software? Today I tested my QS/autoblip function, and I have the feeling that the up-shift have a slide to much cut off timing. I have the normal Flashing Bundle kit.

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi,

What bike do you have?

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi,

I have Yamaha R6 2018.

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi,

On this bike the QS can only be adjusted in the race team spec file from the race team package electronics kit that we offer.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi,

Is there any possibility to pay the difference for the race team package electronics kit? (I bought this packages: FTDL8_AT, FTEJ_AB_R6_EU, YAM_ABS_DEL_2, BNHA18)

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi,

I'm sure there is something we can figure out for you but you'll want to run a YEC harness on your bike with this race team file. Also the autoblip harness would have to change. And you couldn't have an immobilizer on the bike anymore.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi,

At this time I can't have the YEC harness, will it not work on the stock harness at all? Or just some of the features won't work?

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi,

Can you tell me if the ABS delete will disable the traction control as well?

Thanks,

Adrian

Hi,

It will not function correctly with the stock harness.

The ABS delete makes your wheelspeed still read correctly after removing the ABS pump. This allows you to still have functional riders modes and TC modes.

Thanks,

Jason A.