Support Forum

Fuel mapping

drz440@live.co.ukdrz440@live.co.uk Posts: 51Verified User

Just a quick question. I would like to richen up the base map for fuel on my 2017 R1.

do I need to add fuel to the TPS and MAP fuel tables at the same time, or is it just one of the two?

TIA

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

TPS vs RPM will be what changes your main fuel mixture. The MAP vs RPM is mainly used in low RPM low throttle inputs and adjusting this could help your on/off throttle response as well.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• drz440@live.co.ukdrz440@live.co.uk Posts: 51Verified User

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. So on the MAP table, will I need to richen it up right across the board, or just the first few columns? How far into throttle opening does the table relate to?

thanks

Hi,

Are you bike side flashing this bike? If so you can access the Live Data function and you can see your MAP sensor when running the bike on the dyno. This way you can have a good idea of what MAP pressure you have at certain TPS points and you can adjust your fueling easier.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• drz440@live.co.ukdrz440@live.co.uk Posts: 51Verified User

I’m not unfortunately, I’m using a bench kit. I’m just trying to smooth the throttle transition as I’m using active tune, but cannot import the trims for a base map as I’m using the bench kit.

It takes a few miles for the active tune to smooth everything off properly to begin with so I’m trying to fine tune my base map.

Hi,

That is definitely not the most ideal way to use Active Tune but it is still better than not having it.

I suggest adding 10% more fuel at the start of your MAP vs RPM table just to around 8000rpm and to around 10 on MAP axis.

Thanks,

Jason A.