Support Forum

MT-07 2019 EU Quickshifter problem

tnkoppel@gmail.comtnkoppel@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

I'm having a issue with the Yamaha MT-07 EU-spec (ECU code: B34-8591A-10(EU)). The bike is delivered as a 35Kw (a2) version.

The kit works fine and i can install all the maps, but the problems begin when i enable the QS option. After uploading the map the engine starts up and reacts nicely, but when I start driving and reach the "minimum RPM" the engine will shut down after shifting up. After shutting down, the engine won't start again until I turn the key off and on again. This happens in every gear and makes it unable to drive the bike with the QS option on.

Both restricted and unrestricted maps are having this problem on the "15-17 MT07 - B34-8591A-10(EU)" map. Changing the RPM to a higher of lower value doesn't working either way.

I bought the kit from "VeloxRacing.com" in May 2020, they told me you (FTecu) were working on this. But since it's October 2020 now and i'm still unable to use the QS, I'm posting this.

Comments

• I'm still waiting for the solution. Meanwhile I have an expensive trim quick on mt 07.

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

Yes there is still a known issue that is being worked on with a fix planned to come in the next update.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• tnkoppel@gmail.comtnkoppel@gmail.com Posts: 5Verified User

Hi Jason,

When is this update available?

Is this a matter of days, weeks or months?

Hi,

We have updated the B34-00 file to use QSv1.1 now in hopes of getting it to function. I have asked for them to try and report the results back to me.

In your case your part number is B34-10. Please try flashing the BU2-10 file into your ECU and tell me if the QS seems to work better or not. This will point us in the right direction to go with your file.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason,

With "BU2-10" you mean the "2018 MT07 BU2-8591A-10 (JAP)" file, right?

Today I have tried them, both unrestricted and stock do not work for me. With the unrestricted file the bike doesn't start and with the stock file I got pops out of the exhaust without the engine working. So, my guess is that the ignition timing isn't correct with these files. Because I do smell unburned fuel around my motorcycle after testing this.

So, since the engine doesn't work with these files, i can't check the QS. Please let me know if u have any other suggestions or tests for me to try.

Thanks for your continued support!

Timo K.

Timo,

Yes thats exactly what I meant with the file.

If you flash your ECU back to a stock B34-10 file does the bike go back to running as normal? If so I'll get a quick change made to that file for you to test and see.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason,

Yes, when I flash the B34-10 file the bike functions as before. Both with the stock and unrestricted file.

Thanks for the quick response and actions!

Timo K.

Timo,

Please reopen the B34-10 file again from the File Manager and enable the QS. It should go to version 1.1 now instead of version 1.0. Let me know if that seems to be better please.

Thanks,

Jason A.

Hi Jason,

Today I flashed the "B34-10" file again, with the QSv1.1, instead of the 1.0. The bike started and worked properly, so I warmed it up until it was showing a stable 80 degrees Celsius on the dashboard. At this moment I tried the quickshifter, starting at half throttle and above 4k RPM. So my expectation was that the QS would cut the ignition and I would be able to upshift, as it should work.

Unfortunately, this didn't work. The QS didn't cut the ignition so I wasn't able to upshift. I went back home and checked the QS switch on continuity. The pull functions seems to work fine, but the push switch on the other hand doesn't work at all. No matter how hard I push it, it doesn't close the circuit. We measured it as close as possible to the sensor on the connector of the QS, without the harness in order to exclude cable failures.

So for now I don't know whether the software is working properly or the software doesn't malfunction because of the QS that doesn't work. This switch did work before, I tested this in het beginning and I have it on video. The test I did today was also recorded on video, so I can share those clips with you for confirmation.

Is there any chance that I can receive a replacement from you or VeloxRacing under warranty, since I haven't been able to use it since buying it due to ongoing software issues? Or do you have an other solution to fix this?

It would really help me meet my expectations from your products, and it would help your knowledge and that from other users on this platform.

I hope we can come to an appropriate solution for these ongoing difficulties.

Thanks in advance,

Timo K.

• kento_ftecukento_ftecu Posts: 776Staff User

Hi Timo,

Please email sales@ftecu.com regarding your shift sensor issue.

Thanks!