Support Forum

17 FZ07 Quickshifter issue

jacklourenco14@gmail.comjacklourenco14@gmail.com Posts: 3Verified User
edited August 2020 in FZ / MT 07

Hello,

I just installed the quickshifter for my fz07. Gears engage properly. When i first tested it, I was in 1st gear going up on RPMs to get ready to shift when all the sudden the engine started to hesitate while on throttle (not wide open). There's like some sort of pattern to it as well. It will go on, off, on, off, on, off. From there, I just road it slowly back home and parked it.

Has anyone had this issue?

Comments

• jason@ftecu.comjason@ftecu.com Posts: 1,071Staff User

Hi,

What part number is your ECU? Did you use a matching part number file in your ECU too?

Can you safely make a video of what you are experiencing so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Jason A.

• It's 2RC-8591A-10. I have. I haven't tried with the quickshifter deactivated to see if it's the quickshifter's fault but i'll make a clip whenever i have the chance to do so.

Thank you for getting back to me

Hi,

I'll look forward to seeing your video and hearing your results.

Thanks,

Jason A.

• Hi Jason,

So I tested it out today and as you'll see on the video it goes through the gears but once i bring it back to 3rd and keep at around 3k rpms it cuts.

After I recorded the video, I deactivated the Quickshifter in the software and tested it again. It worked normally with no cuts

Check out the link below with the video of me testing the quick shifter.

https://youtu.be/KN2PL9pLU6Q

Hi,

This was all being tested with an Unrestricted file? If so have you tried a stock file with QS enabled? I personally did the install of a QS and flash on an MT07 same part number as your last week and had no issues at all.

Also I got your email it is normal for MAP vs RPM Cyl1 and Cyl2 maps to be a bit different.

Thanks,

Jason A.